Quantcast

Pandora Music Streaming Rights Threatened By Court Ruling

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Dec 20, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Pandora music streaming rights threatened by court ruling | The Verge (click for full article)

by Jacob Kastrenakes - Dec. 20, 2013

-- Pandora could have some music licensing troubles come January 1st. After a court ruling Wednesday, a number of major music publishers will now be able to broker their own streaming deals with Pandora, rather than having their streaming rights handled in bulk by another company. If one of those big publishers chooses to do so, Pandora will either have to cut a new deal with it or miss out on including popular songs on its radio service.

PANDORA MAY HAVE TO BROKER INDIVIDUAL DEALS

Previously, Pandora had signed a major deal that would grant it access to the entire library of music covered by BMI, which handles licensing for a number of publishers. But beginning January 1st, BMI will start allowing publishers to pull their music out of its library when it comes to selling streaming rights.

Read more at: http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/20/5230398/pandora-bmi-loss-threatens-streaming-rights

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Geeze, I'm willing to pay an annual fee for Pandora's commercial free service. But I'll be damned if I pay more for the pampered overpaid a-hole artists that can't realize when something just works. Pandora Works!!!