Quantcast

Panasonic Streaming Media Player DMP-MST60 - $40 shipped

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by mrspock, Jan 22, 2014.

1. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

Panasonic Streaming Media Player DMP-MST60 - $40 shipped

Use Coupon Code SLICKTV

Panasonic DMP-MST60 - Streaming Media Player - Overview

This device looks good on paper but the reviews on Amazon are less than encouraging. It has Netflix, Hulu+, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube, Flixter, Vudu, CinemaNow and many other apps. Oh and it has a Web Browser (not sure if it's capable of Flash Video playback) & SKYPE.

United States | Internet Apps Navigator | VIERA | Plasma&LCD TV | Panasonic Global

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Here is the Panasonic box on Amazon (see link below). In reading the reviews the browser doesn't support Flash:

Amazon.com: Panasonic DMP-MST60 Smart Network Media Streaming Player with Built-In Wi-Fi: Electronics

Mr. Spock I have a question. I recall reading that you purchased a Chromebook. If I'm not interested in android apps - and just interested in having a good Chrome browser with Flash (primarily for use with the TV) - would the Chromebook be a better option for me than GTV? Which model Chromebook do you own? How does web browsing/videos look on Chromebook when hooked up to the TV? How does it compare with web browsing & streaming internet videos with GTV? Are there less 'Aw Snap!' errors with Chromebook? I would appreciate any feedback. ....

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  3. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

CatfishRivers, Yes I do have a Chromebook, it's the Samsung model. Other family members have been using mostly for browsing, watching Netflix & YouTube but have not hooked it up to a TV yet. It's great and I haven't encountered a 'Aw Snap!' when I have used it and I'll ask the family if they have. There are a lot of Chrome Extensions/apps which could further enhance the experience. If you are not into the Android apps the most certainly it's a viable alternative for general browsing and media consumption. Although just today I came across an excellent deal on the Microsoft Surface with Windows RT for $169 (cheaper than the Chromebooks) that may serve you better.

Windows Surface Tablet with 32GB Memory 10 6" Surface 32GB 0885370528411 | eBay

• Like Like x 2