Quantcast

pairng the k700 revue kb to nsz gs7... should i be able to control my avr sound bar?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by Scuzzo, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

I went ahead and got a unified receiver, i like the sony gs7 remote ok, but i had a spare revue kb so i switched to that... and i think every thing is working ok except for this one thing...
    the k700 will not control my soundbar... i have the ir blasters in place and the gs7 remote seems to control the sound bar fine.. vol go up vol go down... all good... but for some reason the k700 will not see the sound bar... im pretty sure my nsz-gt1 was able to control the sound bar.. and i was able to control it with that little mini keyboard from logitech... but this has me a bit puzzled.. i alread did the pair with the PC software but.. perhaps there is another step i need to take...

any ideas on whats running foul...?

strike that, it was just a changing prefference in what the volume will control tv vs avr... it needs to be set to avr... cool..
    welp thats about it then... really liking the gs7 now... glad i have both gs7 and gt1... the bluray on that is about one of the best i have found..

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  2. Travel

Travel Active Member

Yes, the k700 should do everything with the GS7 that it did with the Revue, including controlling the sound bar. When I switched from the Revue to the GS7, and using the k-700, I thought that maybe some keyboard functions that worked with the Revue wouldn't with the GS7, but that turned out not to be the case.