Quantcast

Pairing Google TV with Mediacom PACE DVR

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by rgweatherred, Dec 20, 2010.

1. rgweatherred

rgweatherred New Member

Since I received my Logitech Revue shortly after launch I have not been able to pair it with my Mediacom Pace DVR even though during the initial setup the software had my device listed. The first call I made to Logitech customer support was fruitful and we were able to get Google TV to operate the set top box but it only worked for a bit and then the link was disabled again. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so have you found a permanent solution?

2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

It may have been the GTV update that 'unpaired' it. I'm afraid you may have to repeat that portion of setup/tweak that initially got it paired. One of those growing pains, I guess.

3. centrical

centrical New Member

Hi, I have a PACE set top device and am trying to connect it, but the sound doesn't come through. Could you share with me what the Logitech people said?
    Thanks,
    Sander

4. rgweatherred

rgweatherred New Member

Your sound issue isn't caused by your Pace box as sound is processed by the TV itself unless you have some kind of home stereo attached. Check your HDMI cable from the Google TV device to the TV.

5. centrical

centrical New Member

I wish that it was that simple :)

Here is the story. I am trying to connect a Pace DCR 7111/03 HD television set top box to my TV through the Logitech Revue Google TV box using HDMI. However, the audio of the Pace does not get transferred through the Google TV. It's silent.

• The Revue is not broken. Other media boxes, for example Apple TV work fine through the Google TV box - using the same HDMI cable.
    • The Pace device isn't broken either, because if I add it directly to the TV the sound works perfectly.

I suspect it has something to do with multi-channel audio. The visible menu from the Pace does not let me switch audio modes.

Additional info: cable provider UPC Netherlands, PACE hardware version
    018.002, software version 4.0.0.5E9.

I would really appreciate your help,
    Thank you,
    Sander