Quantcast

Page Up / Page Down from the RF Keyboard and Cancel not working from the Harmony IR

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by eferz, Aug 8, 2011.

1. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

FYI,

I talked to Melanie from Logitech Tech Support (Refence# 110805-001827) on the issue of "PageUp/PageDown" not working seems to be an known issue and they have had many calls on the matter. It apparently became an issue shortly after the b54202 update, so if you haven't configured your system prior to it then those keys have been rendered inoperable. Their developmental support is currently working to resolve it.

In regards to the "Cancel" command, and after two seperate calls which took approximately 55 minutes in total, she said, "This appears to be a new problem. The cancel button is supposed to work as the ESC/Exit function" then she went on to tell me about the work around which involves using the "GTVBack" command for Google TV related menus and to use OEM Remote IR for the STB menus.

Hopefully, they will get this feature fixed in a future update. It was explained to me that was imparitive that when I get the customer service survey that I notate it in the feedback and send it back. The feedback is submitted directly to her manager who then escalate the issue to development. Now, in my experience this is true; however, in order for it to have any priority it requires enough numbers to raise a fuss.

So, I recommend that anyone and everyone who cares about this functionality to call Logtiech Technical support and make sure you troubleshoot the inability to use the "cancel" command to "exit" out of your guide in LiveTV and "esc" out any Google TV related menu. Allow them to give you the workaround, but make sure you ask them exactly what "Cancel" button is supposed to do from the MyHarmony for the Logitech Revue. It may take them a while to give you an answer, but at least when they come back to give you the answer where they will acknowledge that "Cancel" should be functioning as "Esc/Exit". Fill out the feedback, input the issue, and hopefully together we can raise enough fuss to resolve the issue.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I have the latest Revue update and my up & down keys work. However if a video is playing then it becomes very difficult to move the page up & down - and usually the up & down keys don't work in this instance. So the only way to get the page to scroll (when a video is playing) is to scroll with 2 fingers on the trackpad (still very sluggish). Also sometimes if a web page is overloaded with Flash ads and javascript pop-ups - the up & down keys can sometimes not work. I think perhaps the scenarios that I describe here are actually what's going on - as opposed to an update breaking the up & down function?

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

No, the Page Up and Down work fine in apps other than LiveTV. I spent a lot of time troubleshooting with an IR scope to determine that it will not emit any IR signals while in LiveTV mode. Even if you teach IR codes to the Page Up and Down, pressing the respective keys will light the right-side LED however the output remain unresponsive. In fact, as I said before... Logitech Technical Support is aware of the issue and is working on the resolution.

4. bluenadas

bluenadas New Member

I'm having the same issue with my Harmony Remote. When trying to move around the guide on Uverse I see the GTV recognize the button push but the Uverse box never sees anything. After hitting the up/down button multiple times it seems the GTV sends out a string of the button presses you've hit and moves the Guide cursor that many presses....

It's a major PITA at this point as I figured I'd drop in the GTV box and have things going in no time.....

5. crunit100

crunit100 New Member

this is referring to the fn+chUP version of page up, correct?

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, but the problem on exists with the confines of the LiveTV app where the Revue needs to emit IR codes to control your Set-top box. The button combination works perfectly fine in the Google TV apps.