Quantcast

over the air antenna only

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by ru42112, Mar 11, 2012.

1. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

How are people who are cutting the cord and using ota antenna using the revue? Is there a hdmi adapter that hooks up
    to the antenna Or do they make antennas with HDMI ends on them? YOU have to go through the revue with antenna so it can find it? right.

2. c1tobor

c1tobor New Member

This has been discussed alot. The short answer is you can't.

The Revue is used as a "passthru device" that sits in between a cable box or DVR setup (Tivo). Without one of these devices you have to swith back and forth bettween Internet and TV using the televisions source menu. That sucks I know,

I am by no means an expert on this subject so correct me if I'm wrong.

3. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

this is what im doing now. No picture in picture. no social eyez app ability. Im thinking of getting a Channel Master CM 7400pal. Ive been told by Channel Master this will work.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

A TiVo is a much better DVR and well worth the premium compared to a rudimentary DVR like the Channel Master in my opinion.

5. oarsman

oarsman New Member

My set top box is actually a mini-ITX PC (a Dell ZinoHD 410) that comes with an HDMI video output. I'm using a Silicon Dust HDHomeRun LAN tuner, which works with either cable (QAM) or over-the-air (ATSC) signals. Before installing the Logitech Revue, there were significant differences in the audio level between programs with Dolby Digital encoding vs. those without. One advantage of using the Revue as a pass-through is consistent audio levels for all programming.

6. thekylesouza

thekylesouza New Member

What kind of connections does you antenna currently have?

7. oarsman

oarsman New Member

Here's the signal path:

Antenna -> HDHomeRun -> Ethernet Switch -> Home Theater PC -> Logitech Revue -> HDTV

You can use the PC as a DVR running something like Mythbuntu (Linux) or Media Center (Win7). One nice thing about the Silicondust HDHomeRun is that all your devices can share the dual tuners: PCs, tablets, smartphones, etc. It has a coax input connection for either cable TV or an over-the-air antenna.