Quantcast

Outside of Search, Google's Products Are ...

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by chicha29, Nov 11, 2011.

1. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

The angriest Isaacson ever saw Steve Jobs was when the wave of Android phones appeared, running the operating system developed by Google. Jobs saw the Android handsets, with their touchscreens and their icons, as a copy of the iPhone. He decided to sue. As he tells Isaacson:

Our lawsuit is saying, “Google, you ******* ripped off the iPhone, wholesale ripped us off.” Grand theft. I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple’s $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I’m going to destroy Android, because it’s a stolen product. I’m willing to go to thermonuclear war on this. They are scared to death, because they know they are guilty. Outside of Search, Google’s products—Android, Google Docs—are ****.

Read more Steve Jobs's Real Genius : The New Yorker

2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Wait..didn't I have a TMO MDA, with WinMo, touchscreen and icons? ;)

3. jeff275

jeff275 New Member

I love Macs (notice I said Macs, not all things Apple) but even Steve was susceptible to his own reality distortion field©.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MStrawder

MStrawder New Member

Great article. He was truly a 'tweaker'. My biggest issue with their line of products hasn't been their quality, but as the article mentions, the fact that it's on lockdown. Apple takes incredible measures to ensure they're products stay the way they were made. The openness of Android was what really drew me to that platform. It's my product that I bought and I should be able to do what the hell ever I want to it.