Quantcast

Out Foxed by Foxtel

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by nizmo, Nov 7, 2011.

1. nizmo

nizmo New Member

Hi Guys,
    Thank god there is a place i can come to vent and find help all in one spot.
    Firstly i am in Australia , the land from downunder and the land where snail mail still applies because of the stone age internet we have to deal with !!
    I have had no trouble installing Revue except for the TV ...................(This is where you all snigger and crown me a "Dumb Bugger" )
    I am running Foxtel "iQ HD" . My TV model was entered and found .........all good .
    When i go to TV Source ...... it scans for available source ........I wait and wait .........eventually it finds nothing, so i go to Add Set Top Box Manually .
    Then i get the verifying window with my foxtel playing away very happily ..................I select next because i see my TV playing and that is where it end ......the next message i get is the zip code window , which doesn't work because we only have 4 numbers in our postcode here in Aus. :mad::confused:
    What am i doing wrong ???????????????

cheers
    Nizmo

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Buying a device only intended for the United States was your mistake. Though, you can get around that problem by inputing a random United States zip code. Granted you won't be able to get a proper channel listing because the device was never intended to be used outside of the United States. Basically, you're going to have to spoof the answers as if you did live here.

Good luck with that.

3. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

Drats Nizmo! I am sorry for you. Nice to have you here on the forum though. :)

eferz, you do a wonderful job helping folks around here. I am learning so much from your posts. Thank you!:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Always glad to help. Welcome to the forum by the way.

5. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

Hi Nizmo, just find a town in the USA where a cable companie provide your setup-box model. I'm in canada and I used a NY zipcode 11234 and it works.

6. nizmo

nizmo New Member

Hi Guys,
    Thank you so much for all the help . I have tracked down the maker of the set top box to a company called PACE .
    Now will uave to trawl through zip codes to find a USA company that supplies the STB .
    Felt so pi$$ed off after the first reply i unplugged the Revue and reboxed it and filed it away ...................Looks like now i might have a glimmer of hope.

Thanks again for all the help and kind words

cheers

7. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Keep us posted on any workarounds and success! G'Luck! :)

8. kartstar

kartstar New Member

I'm in Australia, and I have my Logitech Revue working, although admittedly I don't have a Foxtel box (just a Digital Set Top Box) but I don't see why it shouldn't work if you follow the process I did.

Simply add the set top box as the TV source, select the model/make of the box (looks like you've figured out it's a PACE box... all this should do is make it so that the Logitech Keyboard can control the Foxtel box) and then just enter any random postcode, for example 94101. Again, once the list comes up and it asks what cable provider your using, just choose any of them like DISH or Comcast etc. Eventually it will start working and you're all set!

Obviously following this process may have some negative effects, like you may not be able to access recordings on your PVR for instance, but 70% of the functionality should work fine even though your in Australia.

Not bad for $99! (American, even cheaper in in AUD!!!)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
    • Like Like x 4