Quantcast

Other Bookmarks

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by guest, May 16, 2015.

1. guest

guest Active Member

This question has been asked a number of times over the years. Good answers have been given. I'm asking again, because the previous answer no longer is the solution for my device, the Revue.

I have two Revue's. My primary one that's been heavily used for four years, and another one that's been lightly used.

The other day I did a factory reset on the primary one. When I went to resync my Bookmarks, I couldn't access the "other bookmarks" page. I went to settings, did the routine, clicked my e-mail address, but when I checked my Bookmarks page, it was empty. When I attempted to save a bookmark, the page was showing Empty. When I went back to settings and unsynched my e-mail address, the bookmark that I had previously saved was visible. I figured, well, it's not a major problem. If I have to do a factory reset again, I'll have to write down the names of the bookmarks and re-enter them in the future.

A few days after the factory reset, the Play Store link on the bottom of the screen (alongside All Apps) disappeared. When I clicked All Apps, my Apps had disappeared, too. When I went directly to the Play Store URL, it was saying that the apps were installed on the Revue.

I'll be buying A Chromebox in a few months. In the meanwhile, I've put the lesser-used Revue into service. The Google Play link is visible, as are my apps. Great. The only problem is that I'm having the same Other Bookmarks issue!

Anyone have any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? I've done factory resets numerous times, and resync'd the bookmarks. I can't believe I could have misremembered how to do it as the process is pretty basic.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I recently had the same problem when I did a factory reset on my Revue. My hunch is that the syncing of GTV bookmarks is broken and Google has moved on and dropped support for the syncing of "other bookmarks".

3. Travel

Travel Active Member

Yes, I've had the same thing happen with the GS7. The Bookmarks feature turned buggy at some point. I've been writing down the bookmarks and just re-entering them after a factory reset for what seems quite a while now.

I've also re-entered the bookmarks after a factory reset and, then. had all the previous bookmarks suddenly just show up two weeks later, where I'd have a duplicate set of the exact same bookmarks, and had to delete one set.

I just keep "most used" bookmarks in the GoogleTV "Bookmarks," and keep a ton of other bookmarks on Symbaloo.