Quantcast

Orientation Control and video playback

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Haggie, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Haggie

Haggie New Member

I sideloaded Orientation Control and set to Landscape. It allowed me to run a couple of apps that had been closing out before (ie: Dolphin HD), but when I try to stream a video via GTV Box I get audio, but no video (regardless of file type). I used Orientation Control to switch back to Portrait, but still no video. Power cycled the unit and video playback was fine.

Any suggestions for a workaround?

2. chopper

chopper Active Member

Hmm, perhaps too many Apps are running in the background. Try this: All Apps, Settings, Applications, Running Services and turn off as many Apps that are runnung in the background as you possibly can to free up resources and your GTV device should be more zippy. Note every time you reboot you may need to do this again but then again if you do this you may find that you don't need to reboot so often.

3. Haggie

Haggie New Member

I don't think it is a resource issue because the audio portion was playing. Also, if I don't switch from portrait to landscape mode, I can have a bunch of apps open and streaming video playback from my NAS works just fine.

My guess is that GTV Box (and maybe Co-Star in general) can't handle video playback in Landscape mode???