Quantcast

only from the remote control

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by babeflover, Oct 30, 2011.

1. babeflover

babeflover New Member

whenever i tray to use the volume or input buttons, i get "audio system not registered" popup. I can't increase or decrease volume, nor can i use the input button. I have other sony controllers in the without a problem, but not the control the tv came with.

I have the Sony NSX46GT1 46" Edgelit Google TV LED HDTV - 1080p, 1920x1080, 16:9, Wi-Fi, Google TV, 4 HDMI, 4 USB.

thanks.

2. pnalley

pnalley New Member

I get the same message. Help!

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The error message, "audio system not regitered", is indicative of the AMP button toggled on the NSG-MR1 remote without having an AV Receiver configured. You can toggle the button off by pressing it so that the orange LED is off.

4. hmid

hmid New Member

I get the same problem after i reset the tv to factory settings after the last major update. now when i press the volume button i get the message "audio system not registered" and the amp button isnt even lit. But for some reason every time i hit the volume button the amp light turns on simultaneously. its weird and frustrating and the only way i can control my volume is using my iphone with the google tv app. Ive searched everywhere but cant find any solutions.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You probably just have a malfunctioning remote controller. Call Sony's technical support to have them troubleshoot it with you and replace it if necessary.

6. Phrontisteries

Phrontisteries New Member

Remove the batteries from the remote. Both.
    Wait a few seconds and put the batteries back in.
    few = 5-10 seconds.
    If still not working, check the settings in the TV if you have an AV setup or not.
    If you don't: check the box to add, then uncheck the box.
    That resets the settings ont he TV, but this error is usually only remote related.
    Hope this helps someone.

7. jackfrost

jackfrost New Member

Just a heads up, it's not as simple as just pressing the amp button, when you get stuck on this "audio system not registered" when trying to switch input, volume, or channel, you need to hold down the "FN" key and AMP key for about 5 seconds. Then try to adjust the volume. Let me know if this works, i just tried it after banging my head for days and then leaving it alone as "i give up" for nearly a half of year.

one more thing: tv settings for audio must be set to TV speakers under

FN + 1(setting) button > Picture and Sound > Speakers > TV speakers

Please let me know if this resolved your issue.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013