Quantcast

Onlive on GoogleTV, anyone have experience?

Discussion in 'OnLive on GoogleTV Forum' started by SuperCaliber64, Jan 2, 2013.

1. SuperCaliber64

SuperCaliber64 New Member

I have the Onlive Micro-Console with an additional Universal Wireless Controller and I'm happy with the performance.
    I'm looking for a second option for a 2nd TV and I'm curious if anyone's experienced Onlive on the Co-Star?

I have a Revue and the Onlive Viewer app was really low-res to reduce buffering.

2. Peteo

Peteo Member

I have a new LG GA6400 TV with onlive, but the app is broken. Customer support said they are aware of it and working on a fix. Dont know why LG shipped the TV with a broken app. hoping for a fix soon, really want to try out onlive.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Good question and apparently we don't have many, maybe no users of the service as members here. Hopefully somebody is using it and will offer opinions.

4. Shirly741

Shirly741 New Member

Always so inteesting to visit your site. I have bookmarked this and will return soon more about it thank you.

5. Peteo

Peteo Member

After the android TV update the app seems to be working, but really there are no games at least for me that I want to play on the service

6. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

I'm curious...

Super C, are you saying that the Revue still has the Onlive app? On my GS-7 it is no longer available. I think it just disappeared w/the last upgrade but I might be confusing it w/the Revue. While downloading Onlive to my PC I got into an exchange w/an Onlive tech. He was surprised to realize that the GS-7 did not have the app. He asked me to try downloading the app from the Play store. On the Play store app Onlive doesn't show up at all except in the search suggestions. I then tried the Play store via Chrome. All the apps I found are now incompatible w/my device as I reported to the tech.

I explained to him how our unit access apps. Also let him know about the two distinct firmware versions. He told me he'd check w/Google and take a look see.

Carl