Quantcast

OnLive gaming using a Keyboard & Mouse

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by lartomar2002, Oct 7, 2012.

1. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

Has anyone successfully played any of the OnLive video games that require a keyboard and mouse through the Co-Star. I can open a game but that is as far as it goes.

2. FormidableMulk

FormidableMulk New Member

I keep meaning to try this, but I haven't yet. I was part of the CoStar's first shipment wave and I still haven't really run OnStar through its paces; was a little disappointed that I couldn't sync-up the PS3 or Wii controllers since they're both Bluetooth.

Are you trying to use a USB-tethered keyboard/mouse, or are you connecting your peripherals via Bluetooth?

3. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

No, I was trying with a wireless connection. I have been in contact with OnLive support and they told that no KB & mouse will work with the Co-Star be it wired, bluetooth or wireless. A person I hsve been tslking to on the OnLivefan. com forum says this has been an issue from the beginning with Onlive games. So, if you do not have a Onlive controller you will not play any onlive games. I have a subscription to the "Play pack bundle" and more than a 100+ games require a KB & mouse so those are out then you have the ones for the teen or younger age group that does not appeal to me, and I am left with less than half the available games to play. I will be connecting my i3 laptop to my hts and use my wireless keyboard and mouse that way.