Quantcast

Olympics - London 2012 Results app Working

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by twiz, Jul 28, 2012.

1. twiz

twiz New Member

Just a quick note for any following the Olympics right now. The London 2012 Results app sideloads and works well with WIFI ONLY (does not detect LAN connections), which provides play-by-play, schedules, athlete profiles and country results, among other features. Feel free to contribute other Olympics apps that are working.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  2. johnnygxyz

johnnygxyz New Member

Google TV had plenty time to come up with an APP to watch the Olympics live. Well, they didn't. Every 4 years and Google TV let us down. No contribution here from me. Scheds and results ? Well I dont need a GTV to get that info. Again.. GTV let thousands of users down but not me. At least I have 13 more days to say all but negative things about this junk. Then i will get full refund or maybe I'll keep it just to see how Google TV falls under the worst one in the market.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

If this is the best you can do, I would certainly prefer you not bother. Google has no rights to broadcast the Olympics live or delayed or develop an app for live Olympics streaming, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. NBC owns the rights and could have easily allowed Google TV to access streaming if they chose but unfortunately NBC chose to prevent Google TV access, end of story, nothing Google can do about that. Try to keep your whining on point and understand something about the situation if you can.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TVluv2012

TVluv2012 New Member

Nice to know of Google TV's app. With WiFi becoming more and more popular, I don't think working with only WiFi is an issue. Olympic is such a big event and that's what makes the application very special. Can't wait to try it.

5. Spidershowl11

Spidershowl11 New Member

Google has done a very good job in developing an app that helps users with the details and results during Olympics. Olympic is a very big event and it is followed all over the world. They are doing very good job by keeping their customers interested. Releasing new updates and apps according to the events and situation helps them retain customers and increase their popularity.