Quantcast

Official: Post up if you bought a Vizio Co-Star

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by JohnDroid, Jul 26, 2012.

1. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

So now that we know the Vizio Co-Star sold out because of demand... who was able to get one?

• Like Like x 2
  2. christinacooper

christinacooper New Member

I was able to grab one! Thankfully I caught it about fourty five minutes after they began selling them. So, I got free shipping :)

3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Trying to ... - thanks for the heads up.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  4. rdb4133

rdb4133 New Member

I got 2 on my preorder the first day they became available! :)

5. rschauby

rschauby New Member

I ordered on the morning they first went live, the 24th of July. I didn't receive an order confirmation from Vizio until July 31st and the email said my order date was July 31st? Did anyone who ordered on the 24th get a different email?

6. alvysyngr

alvysyngr New Member

I ordered mine just a few days ago - pleasantly surprised to see that when I clicked Pre-order it brought me to a shopping cart....

7. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I pre-ordered too, now I'm patiently waiting for the UPS or FedEx truck to arrive at my door later this month ... I tested the Roku and WD streaming players, but I carried both back to Bestbuy ....

8. JadeBee

JadeBee New Member

Pre-ordered mine on July 24 at 7:30 AM. Glad I didn't wait. Got confirmation within an hour from Vizio.
    Little invoice included in Email. No mention of actual ship date (hope it's Aug. 14)

9. rdb4133

rdb4133 New Member

I got the same email fairly quickly after my pre-order as well. I just sent them an email to check and see if it's still on schedule to ship out on or by 08/14/12. Let's see what they say! :)

10. alvysyngr

alvysyngr New Member

I use my WDTV because it plays almost every format of video and audio, ugly UI and clunky remote but kicks butt when it comes to functionality...this was my biggest hope and letdown with the google tv. No simple SMB support and limited codecs make it a hard sell. I hope the codecs run smoothly this time around although I don't think SMB support will pop up, it would be nice though. As for Roku, I just got the XS and I love the whole premise of it, adding custom channels and a variety of content. If googletv could mix in the great functions of these little boxes it would rule the whole market. I don't know why they don't.

11. rehughe

rehughe New Member

I ordered in the morning on Jul 24...and noticed today that my credit card has been charged the $109. Anyone else notice this?

Maybe its shipping??

12. JadeBee

JadeBee New Member

===========================================================

I got the charge on Tuesday (along with a $1 credit to offset the "hold" amount they put there on 7/24).

Based on my experiences with their Customer Notification emails (or lack thereof), the next clue
    we'll get is the doorbell ringing and a package on the doorstep. Just a question of when this
    may happen.

BTW, the status of this order under my userid on their website is "Processing". Been that for 2 days now.
    Patience, JadeBee, patience...

13. rehughe

rehughe New Member

Mine also says "Processing"

Hopefully it is delivered soon!!

14. gera815

gera815 New Member

i also bought on july 24 but mine has been saying processing since the day i pre ordered. Is this the only forum section for the co-star? When is the expected ship date?

15. christinacooper

christinacooper New Member

Alright so I got a tweer from Vizio saying this:
    "Those shipments should start soon. When it does, you will receive a tracking number in your email. Thanks!"

But yeah, I don't trust them after not receiving an email about the pre-order.

I didn't get charged yet but I will soon since there's an authorization on my card. I ordered like two hours after they opened the very first pre-order.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

16. jjmi50

jjmi50 New Member

Ordered. I liked the Logitech revue but really hoping this one is better. My kids like Google tv too.

17. rehughe

rehughe New Member

I also have liked my Logitech Revue, but lately it has been so buggy it is unbearable. I really hope this is a great device!

18. mdvalenz

mdvalenz New Member

I got the charge on my card on thursday and a call from a CSR about a problem with my order. She fixed it and said she heard they were going to ship next week. I ordered in the second wave of pre-orders that weren't going to ship until the 21st but it looks like it will ship next week.

19. gera815

gera815 New Member

Why is this forum so dead? I was chatting with vizio support today here is my chat:

[​IMG] Jacob: Thank you for contacting VIZIO Live Chat, the home of Entertainment Freedom for All. This is Jacob in South Dakota. Have you ever contacted us before?
    [​IMG] Gerardo Magana: yes i have
    [​IMG] Jacob: Thank you. I understand you have a question about shipping?
    [​IMG] Gerardo Magana: they told me co-stars should have shipped out today and no shipping happened
    [​IMG] Jacob: Once your order is completed and gets a label you will get an email.
    [​IMG] Gerardo Magana: i want to know if some orders in fact shipped out today?
    [​IMG] Jacob: Orders if the costar has been sent out today.
    [​IMG] Gerardo Magana: so when is my order gonna get proccessed
    [​IMG] Jacob: I don't have access to that information.
    [​IMG] Gerardo Magana: i have read forums and stuff and nobody has gotten any tracking information
    [​IMG] Jacob: That information might not be correct.
    [​IMG] Gerardo Magana: i dont believe the co-star shipped out today to anybody
    [​IMG] Jacob: Its only been one day for shipping.

Did anyone receive any shipping information or anything?

20. pswhite

pswhite New Member

For what it's worth, about an hour ago my order status changed to "Complete." I now have a tracking number, but of course it's too soon for the tracking number to actually work. My order went in right after the preorders opened on the 24th, so I'm guessing I was in one of the first sets. Pretty excited!!!