Quantcast

Off the screen & a couple of other items

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Bdad, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Bdad

Bdad New Member

Just got around to installing and setting up our CS. We are using a Vizio L37HDTV (720) TV. For some reason the left menu bar in CS is not fully showing. About 10% of the left side of the bar is off the left side of the screen. Can't figure out how to see the entire menu/screen

Second, when we open the browser the browser page is larger than the screen. Can't see how to shrink it

Third, can't figure out how to switch back and forth between TV and the CS. When we push the TV icon nothing happens. We need to go back to our TV remote and change the input to DTV so see OTA.

Appreciate help on these items. Expect that 1 and 2 are related.

2. dj_dicam

dj_dicam New Member

You can try to go through the screen sizing adjustment part of the setup under settings->guided setup and try to see if you can adjust the left edge of the screen. I had a problem with this once and had to adjust the screen size to the default size and then adjust again to the edge of my TV screen to get the CS display to work right. Not sure if this will help with problem #2, but it should.

For #3, sounds like you do not have your OTA signal coming into the CS HDMI in, but have that directly connected to the TV - selecting the TV icon sends the signal from the CS HDMI in to the CS HDMI out. Can you give some more details on how you have things connected?

3. Bdad

Bdad New Member

We ended up agreeing with Vizio to replace the unit. No matter what we did it would not size correctly. Even tried it on another TV and it wouldn't work. On the sound side we didn't get to that since the sizing issue remained. When I get the new unit I'll try again and post back the results.