Quantcast

Nszgs8 apps

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by loudo, Dec 8, 2013.

1. loudo

loudo New Member

I am thinking about replacing my wasted purchased Revue with a NSZGS8, but have a few questions for current owners. I want it basically for NHL Game Center and MLB-TV and to use it with my Sling Box. Does the NSZGS8 have apps for these three services?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

To view the live games with the GS8 you'll need to use the Chrome browser as NHL & MLB don't have optimized apps for GTV. You might be able to sideload the NHL Game Center app - but from everything I've read the Chrome browser works the best. I have heard MLB-TV works pretty good with the Chrome browser - but you won't be able to get the MLB-TV games in HD (that requires a plug-in that GTV doesn't support).

Are you satisfied with those 2 sites using the Chrome browser on your Revue? Because the NS8 has essentially the same Chrome browser as the Revue. There both on a specially modified version of Chrome 11.

NHL Game Center live thread:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/vizio-co-star/7160-nhl-game-center-live-working.html

MLB-TV thread:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Revue-and-Accessories/Will-MLB-TV-work-with-Revue/td-p/575362

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Note: It's good to know that Playon supports MLB-TV and NHL Game Center Live. I believe it would now be possible to watch the MLB-TV games in HD through PlayOn. You need to use Playon in conjunction with a PC and your NS8.

http://www.playon.tv/

In case the MLB & NHL update their web sites in the future and it breaks functionality with your GS8 - you could always rely on PlayOn as a fall-back alternative. That's why I mentioned it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  3. loudo

loudo New Member

If I try to watch anything using my Chrome browser, on the Revue, it is a challenge. The browser is very slow and crashes constantly, making it almost useless. Most Apps can't be loaded into the Revue and the lack of support from Logitech make it useless. Many Apps that we used to be able to use, on the Revue, are no longer available.

I do occasionally watch Game Center and MLB-TV on my laptop, but if I have a device hooked up to the TV, I prefer it to be in an APP format. The TV in the family room has an XBox hooked to it and the APPS for both work excellent. But the browser on the XBox will not except many sites and video will not work.

I really don't want to have to purchase another service like Play On to get the services that I am paying for to work in Apps.

4. loudo

loudo New Member

If I try to watch anything using my Chrome browser, on the Revue, it is a challenge. The browser is very slow and crashes constantly, making it almost useless. Most Apps can't be loaded into the Revue and the lack of support from Logitech make it useless. Many Apps that we used to be able to use, on the Revue, are no longer available.

I do occasionally watch Game Center and MLB-TV on my laptop, but if I have a device hooked up to the TV, I prefer it to be in an APP format. The TV in the family room has an XBox hooked to it and the APPS for both work excellent. But the browser on the XBox will not except many sites and video will not work.

I really don't want to have to purchase another service, like Play On, to get the services that I am paying for to work in Apps.