Quantcast

NSZ-gt1 keeps "not being able to turn off"....

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by jmroszczak, May 12, 2012.

1. jmroszczak

jmroszczak New Member

As title says it keeps glitching or something...and i have to keep unplugging it...waiting like a min then replugging it in. What happens is After about a few days or so I cant do anything but turn on my tv with the remote. I cant control cable box, Or the Bluray player(nsz) ...nothing works...i cant even turn it off...is my unit defective or what? i bought it brand new not even 3 weeks ago...should i return it? been happening since i bought it...I am using it with a samsung tv and a time warner HD cable box.

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Have you tried changing the batteries if your using a remote to turn it off or try to turn it off with. Also you could try resetting it to defaults and start all over from scratch and see if that fixes it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jmroszczak

jmroszczak New Member

i dont think its the batteries...i asked for help from sony and they told me i i need to upgrade my firmware...and gaveme a link to download it...well 1 my firmware is the latest and 2 there is noway to download updates to these google tv products...only over the air...basically when they give them to you. so what i did was reset the set top box to factory settings...and hoping it works...if not i guess i'm returning for a different one. Doesn't look like anyone else is having this Issue on this forum.

Last edited: May 13, 2012