Quantcast

NSZ-GT1 - HDMI input- Chromecast!

Discussion in 'Sony NSZ-GT1' started by dwells50, Jul 20, 2014.

1. dwells50

dwells50 New Member

I love my TV! My kids say I need to get a big LED TV, but my 2006 Mitsubishi DLP looks as good, or even better than the TV's out there now. PROBLEM- it only has 2 HDMI inputs, which has always been a problem. Splitters or switches, although a solution, just add to the clunkiness of the system.
    Blu-ray players with HDMI inputs have become very difficult to find, and the ones I've seen are expensive.
    The NSZ-GT1's input works well with a $35 Chromecast. I use my $199 lightweight Chromebook for casting movies, watching Youtube, or whatever from the couch, and my desktop for playing my music library through the stereo.
    A nice Blu-ray player with an HDMI input... just work around the outdated software!

• Like Like x 2
  2. ericd

ericd Active Member

You ever notice that no matter how many inputs your TV has, you're always going to need 1 more (lol).

If I was in the market for a blue-ray player, I'd definetly pick-up a NSZ. Even if it never gets an update, it's still worth the cost just for the player portion and the pass-thru you mentioned.

Good first post and welcome to the board

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I love the NSZ-GT1 and own several of them. I would definitely put the Chromecast in a different HDMI input, AVR preferably and connect the TV source, whatever it may be in the NSZ-GT1 HDMI input. An HDTV with only 2 HDMI inputs is fine, just be sure to have an AVR with about a half dozen or so.