Quantcast

NSZ-GS7 work fine outside US and with the power 220V?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by chanharry, Dec 23, 2012.

1. chanharry

chanharry New Member

I would like to buy NSZ-GS7 for US Sony store. But I was afraid that the device would not work on Hong Kong's power. And which is 220V which same as UK. Does anybody know? Thank you so much!

2. dailylife

dailylife New Member

I live in Turkey and I bought one when I was in US a few months ago, our power is also 220V and it works just fine, there looks no problem.

actually there was a little problem about current firmware version that US web site was saying the current release rel_06 but my nsz-gs7 was saying to rel_05 is the latest version. so I contact to US sony support chat system, they said no release for my country yet, but 2 days later it upgraded itself.

To buy this product maybe you should consider about why you wanna buy it, if you wanna watch netflix or something like that maybe you can not!

I am a bit disappointed about this product because android version is 3.2 and it look no soon upgrade to new android versions and google play store is very limited, I could not find most of my favorite apps on google play store! Although I found some apk files of those apps but they do not work completely

3. chanharry

chanharry New Member

Thank you so much for your information. I just want that awesome remote and install the app I want an use it.
    By your reply, I would like to clarify that the Google Play was not as same as the one in my phone?
    I there some app such as Dropbox and Angry Birds will available on NSZ-GS7?
    Also, Is the player can install some app by using .pkg file?
    Thanks again!