Quantcast

NSZ-GS7/TiVo/Comcast setup?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by tymcode, Sep 29, 2012.

1. tymcode

tymcode New Member

When I configure the input, I have a choice of PVR or Cable -- but my Tivo Premiere PVR has Comcast CableCards.

I'd like to browse live TV with the GTV app, but if I set it as PVR I can't use the Comcast data, and if I set it up with Comcast it can't control my PVR. It's as though Sony engineering was under the impression that PVR owners never watch live TV.

Is there a way to have it control my PVR but use the Comcast as the source?

2. tymcode

tymcode New Member

Well, as these things so often go, I resumed looking for an answer after I posted this and THEN I found it. There's a splendid workaround (set up DirectTV with TiVo then change the channel lineup to Comcast's) discovered by Ianpowers in this thread:
    GTV/Comcast/Tivo

I also wanted to note that one thing I tried didn't work, so that no one else wastes their time:
    I set up a PVR input with the TiVo Premiere. By editing the input I determined that it was using the IR code of V03739. Then I disconnected that, and then set up a Comcast/IPTV input. Then I edited that input, selected IR Blaster, and tried to change the codes from the Comcast box codes to V0739 to force it to control my TiVo. No dice -- it reports that the remote device code is not supported and won't let me click Next.