Quantcast

NSZ GS7 Startup Fail

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by spruce04, Feb 26, 2013.

1. spruce04

spruce04 New Member

When I connect my Google TV NSZ G57(initial connection for startup) to my Vizio TV I get audio, but no video. The 'SONY' logo appears for a while and the opening audio is heard. Then the screen goes black. I have tried both HDMI ports, turning off and on both Tv and Google box. I have changed out the Google box to no avail. I tried it on a Sony Television. The Google TV works fine on a Sony Television that I also have. Vizio nor Sony have been of no help. How can this be fixed on the Vizio TV (2007 model)?

Thanks for you help
    Spruce

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

What output resolution do you have the Sony NSZ-GS7 set at? Have you tried auto, 720P, and 1080i? Try all three settings.

Also what is the resolution of your TV in pixels? For instance my Vizio 720P TV has a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. (You can find this information in your TV user manual).

I have read about a few older HD televisions not being compatible with the NSZ-GS7. Usually this is when the output is not "true" 720P. For example the older HD TVs are called 720P even though the actual resolution is 1024 x 768 pixels. This seems to cause a compatibility issue. If your 2007 TV is 1024 x 768 pixels I'm afraid that not much can be done to make it work with the NSZ-GS7.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013