Quantcast

NSZ-GS7 Delay and flashing static screen when loading

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by merlin, Oct 27, 2012.

1. merlin

merlin New Member

Hi,
    I've just purchased the sony set top box which I am really impressed with.
    The only issue I have and don't seem to be able to resolve is that when I am using an app and then revert back to Live TV the screen goes black and then I get a flashing static screen for about 30 -60 seconds before it loads up (like you used to get on old terrestrial tv's when you had no signal). Likewise when I'm watching live TV and load up either the 'picture within a picture' feature or load an app it goes through the same problem.
    Please could someone help as its really frustrating.
    Many thanks

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

The list of info (below) makes it easier for people here on these boards to assist, :)

List all of the A/V connected devices,
    Specify A/V connection type [HDMI], [Component], [Composite], [Optical/audio], [Coaxial/audio] or [Coaxial/AV]
    & specify Network connection type [Wired] or [Wireless],

1. Sony-box - video connection type [...... ] - audio connection type [ ...... ] - Network connection type [...... ].
    2. TV - make [......] - model [.....] - video connection type [......] - audio connection type [...... ].
    3. AV Receiver - make [ ......] - model [ ......] - video connection type [ ......] - audio connection type [...... ].
    4. Cable/Satellite Receiver - make [...... ] model [...... ] - video connection type [...... ] - audio connection type [ ......].
    5. Blue-ray /DVD Player - make [...... ] model [ ......] - video connection type [...... ] - audio connection type [...... ].
    6. (other) STBs - make [...... ] model [...... ] - video connection type [ ......] - audio connection type [...... ].

List all of HDMI Hubs & HDMI cables,

1. List makes [...... ] & Specs [...... ] of all HDMI cables in use with unit (example : "Standard" HDMI cable, "High-speed" HDMI cable, "Category 2" HDMI cable or "Category 1" HDMI cable).
    2. List makes [...... ] & Specs [...... ] of all HDMI cables in use (with connections to TV, AVR, DVD, BDP, STB, DVP and/or HDMI switcher).
    3. List the length [...... ] of each HDMI cable in use.
    4. List make [...... ] & model [...... ] of the HDMI Switcher/Repeater/Hub (if applicable).

Please, fill-in the above [blanks].

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  3. merlin

merlin New Member

Thanks, I've read through and there isn't anything that seems to work. Do you think the box is faulty?

4. merlin

merlin New Member

Sorry I was being a bit thick.... Hopefully this is everything!
    I've just spent an hour on the phone to Sony who just kept telling me to do a factory reset, on the third factory reset I gave up!

List all of the A/V connected devices,

1. Google box NSZ GS7, Network connection type - LAN using poweline adapter.
    2. TV - Toshiba Regza - model 32wlt665, hdmi connection.
    3. Connected to a Freesat Box, Humax Foxsat HDR. Firmware updated July 2012.

List all of HDMI Hubs & HDMI cables,

1. All Technika High Speed HDMI cables
    2. All cables 1.2m in length

Many thanks for your help on this.

5. futureboy

futureboy New Member

Did you try changing the following setting: Unit settings -> Advanced video setting -> Mode2

6. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

^^^
    +1

It sounds like; you're located in the UK?

Btw, are you connecting two separate STBs into GS7 (hdmi-in)???
    Or you meant,

• "Freesat Box and Humax Foxsat HDR" are the same thing (just one STB)?
    or
    • One STB connected into GS7 and other STB is connected directly to the TV?

Anyhow, the issue sound like your STB has a slow hdmi handshake response,

• Try some of these suggestions & see if that helps,
    • If the TV supports only 720p/1080i max (not 1080p) - Set Sony-box Video Display settings to 720p.
    • From Home Screen > Settings > Picture & sound > Resolution > 720p (then reboot Sony-box, TV & all STBs ).

Good luck :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012