Quantcast

NSZ-GP9 Cancelled!

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by chopper, Feb 8, 2013.

1. chopper

chopper Active Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

Doesn't seem fair since Roku is getting ready to release it's 3'rd generation of streaming box.The biggest news about that is it will allow Roku to to offer an official youtube app.Something us folks that has been using GTV take for granted.Maybe they know the public would rather stream movies than purchase a BR disc and player.So many choices out there as far as streaming goes but nothing compares to the quality of a BR movie than one streamed a few miles away from a server.Yep I have a Roku,GS7,and a Blu Ray player and enjoy all three.But having internet access on the big screen is the #1 reason I purchased my Sony GS7.Just hope GTV keeps on improving and what Logitech did is hopefully no forerunner of the future of GoogleTV!

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The Roku 4200X should be an improvement and YouTube is one big reason. I know there was a YouTube channel on older Roku models and some are using user provided YouTube access but nothing I looked at was worth messing with, every other way to access YouTube at my disposal is far better, including of course Google TV.

I am afraid that Sony is going to be just as out of the Google TV picture in a few years as Logitech is now, I don't expect another Sony Google TV device after the NSZ-GS7, I hope I am wrong since I like Sony Google TV products better than any other brand. The NSZ-GS7 is so much like the Revue, looks similar, 2 USB ports, optical audio output, similar light in front, and only the little keypad differs greatly from the Logitech full sized keyboard. I do think the NSZ-GS7 will continue to be updated and keep up with other second generation Google TV products but eventually, either Google gives up on Google TV or new models will differentiate themselves from the old models by unique features or software.

The Logitech Revue and Sony NSZ-GT1 were great first efforts but neither were profitable products, Sony followed theirs up with a second box that didn't make any money, Logitech folded up shop after one flop. The fact the NSZ-GP9 was cancelled was no surprise but a disappointment to me, I would have bought it rather than the NSZ-GS7 but the GS7 is good enough that I am happy.

5. plac

plac New Member

It's probably the same mainboard as the 7 (horrid reviews).