Quantcast

NSX-40GT1 Will Not Update, Says Up To Date, Help

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Tanker, May 2, 2012.

1. Tanker

Tanker New Member

Has an old firmware version but will not update, it says that it's up to date and will not let me update. On the support site it says that the latest update is an "over the air update only" and cannot be downloaded, what should I do?

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. ljbeato

ljbeato New Member

I would suggest you reboot the unit. You can force a reboot by cycling the power. Unplug it and then plug it back in and turn it on. I should for an update check when powering up.

3. Tanker

Tanker New Member

The way the Sony rep. tried a re-boot was to hold the power button in and unplug it at the same time. Then while still holding the button in, turn it back on. It was not easy to do and not sure if he knew what he was doing...........it didn't work, did not search for an update.

4. hfxRos

hfxRos New Member

Not sure if it's relevant or not, but it looks like Logitech Revue users have been totally unable to get any firmware updates in the last few days based on threads on their official forum. If this is a Google related issue, it could be the cause?

5. Tanker

Tanker New Member

Not sure if they access the updates in the same way but it's an interesting possibility, thanks.

6. Vaishakhi

Vaishakhi New Member

I have the exact issue with my GT1 bluray player. I've tried to reboot, even do a hard reset, it still wont update. I am now at least 2 updates behind and dont know what to do. Did you finally get your TV to update?

7. skirk08

skirk08 New Member

Ditto to everything posted above. I can't get this thing to update for the life of me. This is very frustrating...

8. Tanker

Tanker New Member

Sony sent the update to me on a USB drive, worked perfectly and then needed to be updated again but updated with no problem. Call them and try..........

9. Vaishakhi

Vaishakhi New Member

Thanks for the advice, will try calling them in business hours when I am working from home. So did they send you an actual USB stick through mail or did you have to download it to one of your own? It worries me that the set has this problem.. everything else about it is perfect.

10. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Were the Google TV devices new in sealed retail box or is there any chance the Google TV had been updated with unofficial hacked firmware before purchased?

11. Vaishakhi

Vaishakhi New Member

Mine was a refurbished unit that I bought from the Sony store. I would think if Sony would have had their firmware loaded not hacked ones. There is no indication that it is hacked. Would there be a clear way to know?