Quantcast

NSX-40GT1, prospective buyer question..

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by ZerO, Jun 22, 2011.

1. ZerO

ZerO New Member

hello folks.

just stumbled upon this cool site. im looking to purchase this tv, but wanted to know (firsthand) if there was any credibility to this so-called 'gaming input lag'? More specifically, when it comes to call of duty (PS3). Any owners out there playing this game (or any first person shooters) noticing anything drastic?

THanks in advance for your help!!

Z

2. trident

trident New Member

I own the 24 inch version, and yes, there's input lag if you use HDMI, for example, making Pacman Championship DX unplayable. However, I've found everything playable over component cables. The only limitation with that method is that there is one input.

The lag I measured on RB3 was around 160ms video lag over HDMI, making nearly all games unplayable.

3. jaytee1o4

jaytee1o4 New Member

Hellish Avoid this TV like a claymore... Unless you just watch movies with no gaming in mind

4. wy937

wy937 New Member

I have a NSX-40GT1 with an xbox 360 connected via HDMI, and I haven't noticed any lag. I'm currently playing through Borderlands, but also play other FPSes (Halo, Gears of War, etc.) and fighting games (MvC3) where people have said the lag is the most noticeable. My advice, and I'm 100% serious because this is what I did, is to bring your console to Best Buy or where ever you are looking at the TV and try it out yourself.

5. jaytee1o4

jaytee1o4 New Member

thats awesome! post a video showing us these games with no lag. i'd love to see that.......

6. likwidsolutions

likwidsolutions New Member

I do have a video showing that I have no lag, but as I am a new member, I can't post links. As soon as I have 10 posts, then I will post it.

7. likwidsolutions

likwidsolutions New Member

I posted this in the "Gaming Lag" thread as well, but since this topic deals with the same issue, I wanted to post it in here as well.

I can finally post links so here goes:

I know this is a bit late, but I just recently bought this TV, the 40 inch version, and I am loving it. I have been playing Skyward Sword on my Wii (via Component) for about 2 weeks and haven't noticed a thing. I have also played Call of Duty Black Ops and Halo Anniversary Edition and haven't noticed any lag.

I found this youtube video that shows a guy displaying that he has lag on this tv:

But since I didn't receive lag, or notice any, I decided to make my own video, and to respond to JayTee who seems to not believe people on this forum. I was really worried about lag after I read a few reviews and saw that video showing that people had lag, because I love the TV, but I haven't noticed the delay, maybe Sony updated something in their firmware recently, idk. But here is my video, tell me if I am mistaken at all:

I'm not deluding myself. In fact, I am trying to notice ANY lag because I don't want to own a TV that lags, and I can return it if I need to, which is why I am researching this right now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  8. doyouupanyday

doyouupanyday New Member

The tv itself is a great device, but if you are a gamer do not buy this tv. It had a delay response time from controller to tv. I play MW3 on Xbox live and never noticed this until a friend of mine came over to my house and played with me and immediately asked if my controller was inverted. I said no I don't play inverted? He then said something is really wrong with your game, I don't know what but its like a delay or something it isn't smooth like when I play at home. Then we figured out the huge delay from controller to tv response of like almost half a second. Anybody that plays online shooter games will tell you a delay that big is the difference between life and death. Mili seconds matter so much online and specially on games like MW3. After finding this out I'm surprised I can do as well as I do with this handicap, but I guess I'm the better for it so when I get a new tv ill be even better. So if you are a gamer please stay away from this tv. If not then its a great tv.

9. doyouupanyday

doyouupanyday New Member

And thanks likwidsolutions for the video it's exactly what happens to me