Quantcast

NSX-40GT1 Errors

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by stoneclues, Dec 30, 2011.

1. stoneclues

stoneclues New Member

When I try to start my Sony Google TV, I get the Google TV splash screen and then I get the error "Process System is not responding". If I try to go to settings it says "Application Sony Settings (com.sony.btv.settings) is not responding. Then the TV restarts and the cycle repeats.

I've tried calling Sony support. We even tried to update the firmware from a USB. It reads the USB, says updating.... for about an hour and then comes back with "Update Data Error". My TV is over a year old, so it is out of warranty, so it would cost a small fortune to ship it somewhere to fix it. :mad:

I'm just curious if anyone else has seen this problem.

2. stoneclues

stoneclues New Member

I see a lot of views, but no replies?

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Some people look at posts to see if they can help. Others are just clearing their "new post" counters. This one is way outside from my comfort zone. That's why I cannot offer any advice other than to continue to work with Sony technical support. Sorry, I'm unable to help. Hope it works out for you.

4. stoneclues

stoneclues New Member

Thanks eferz, I appreciate the reply.

If anyone else has had an issue with their Sony Google TV after a software update, I'd like to hear from you.

5. stoneclues

stoneclues New Member

For those of you that reach this thread through a search, I wanted to share that I have had better success by using the information from the "I Have a Defective Sony TV" information on Facebook.