Quantcast

NSX-32GT1 Blu-ray Grainy Picture

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by m7redp, Jan 1, 2012.

1. m7redp

m7redp New Member

I recently purchased the Sony NSX-32GT1 and to accompany it I also bought a Panasonic DMP-BD75 bluray player. First when connecting the player with HDMI the TV seems to have trouble recognizing what port it is plugged into and even if I manually select the correct HDMI port it will default back to a different port. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Secondly the picture quality of the TV seems very good when streaming video or watching cable. However when I attempt to watch Blu-rays or DVDs through the blu ray player the picture seems very grainy. Especially if I am sitting near the TV. I am sure it is not an issue with the Blu ray player or the discs because I connected the same player to my brothers Visio 720p TV and the picture was not grainy and almost seemed clearer than my Sony GTV 1080p. Does anyone have a solution for this issue or experienced a similar issue?

The picture doesn't appear grainy when I connect my laptop through HDMI and I am using the highest grade monster HDMI cable. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

-m7redp

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

This is usually associated with the default port set on the GTV Settings > Video input > Configured Devices > Edit Configured device > Make default device. As for the picture quality, I have not seen this particular symptom. My only suggestion is to go through the settings in the Picture & Sound control panel to see if you can resolve the issue.

3. m7redp

m7redp New Member

Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try. I noticed it looks fine from a distance of 10+ feet. However I have it in my room which is 10 X 10...

4. Cunningham1420

Cunningham1420 New Member

The grainyness isnt from the tv, its from the bluray mivies themselves and what they were filmed on. The movie sunshine & 300 are somewhat grainy where the movie limitless is so grainy I cant stand it but when I put in the crow or southland tales the picture is almost perfect. The higher the resolution the more you can see the film grain, this is typical on all hdtv/bluray tvs