Quantcast

NSG-MR1....wont work

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by rico88, Jul 1, 2012.

1. rico88

rico88 New Member

Hi all,

i just purchased a nsx 40gt1 on ebay without a remote. i just got a new remote in the mail. I tried to use the remote and it doesnt work....do i have to sync it or something? thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Download the manual from the Sony site to better understand how to operate that HDTV but I believe there is a simple way to pair remote and Google TV, maybe a switch on both but I don't have a Sony Google TV to know exactly.

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

There is a switch on the left side of my 32 inch model tv that is above the 4 usb ports that says connect which I can only assume must be for pairing a new remote with the tv.

From the manual -
    1)make sure the batteries in the remote are correctly inserted
    2) press the CONNECT button on the tv for 2 seconds or more to display the pairing screen
    3)Hold down the FN and the Enter keys following the instructions on the screen until the pairing screen disappears

Step 3 - too many people have remote problems by not waiting until the pairing screen disappears and releasing the key combo prematurely so if you don't want problems wait until the screen disappears.

• Like Like x 2
  4. stoptrackingme

stoptrackingme New Member

I'm actually plagued with the same issue with my 40 inch. However, I had the same problem 2 weeks ago and it wasn't until my google tv reported an error with one of the apps did my remote commence to function as normal. It's for this same reason I'm holding out on buying another remote, but what are my options here?

Are Sony and Google aware of controller issues that trouble so many loyal customers? I have a precious 2 month old that misses his smart tv.....

5. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

If they know about the problem , they no longer care much since Google officially dropped support for Google TV devices to push their new Android TV devices.

Any Google TV support given out now is mostly by members of the Google TV Community or other Google TV members that figured out how to fix a problem and shared it with others and not usually from Google themselves.