Quantcast

Notifications box in 3.1

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Cutbert, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Cutbert

Cutbert New Member

This just showed up last night and won't go away with a Task Killer.... In the notifications to the left of Apps on the Home bar; shows that I have 1 notification. Opening that it is showing a streaming download: wpc.473a.edgecastcdn.net

No matter what I do I cannot get this to stop or close. I've closed every active apps that may be streaming such as Podcast, Twitter, Chrome, Netflix, Youtube, etc... no change. I've disconnected my internet, rebooted the modem, rebooted the GTV, etc... It's still there.

Am I being hacked? What's up with this thing? Everything else is working just fine, I just want to know that I am secure and that I have all of my onboard resources (RAM/CPU) available to me and not being drained by some background app that I have not chosen to run.

When Google-ing it, I see that several online companies such as Linkdin, Walt Disney, etc... use this service... I'm just annoyed and want to kill this if I can, help?

Thx!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Sounds like the only thing left for you to try is a factory reset GTV Settings > Privacy & security > Factory reset.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

It might be worth a try to see if you can locate the file with File Expert (you need to download File Expert from the android market) - and then delete it using the File Expert app. Alternatively you could try ES File Explorer (You can find this app in the public GTVHacker Dropbox or you can sideload it).

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  4. Cutbert

Cutbert New Member

Thank you both for your replies, I tried downloading the File Expert app (because I don't want to go back to factory settings if at all possible) and wasn't having luck with it so I went to Apps/Downloads in the main homepage and wha lah there was this file as mentioned in the thread subject. A window popped up that said "Trying to download file. Not enough storage space", so I clicked the box to stop and delete it and that was it - gone. Thanks again!