Quantcast

not connecting to network

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by brightdog, Dec 26, 2013.

1. brightdog

brightdog New Member

My new Co-Star LT will not connect to my secure home wireless network. It will only connect to the guesr network which has limited functions, therefore we cannot watch any video. We have completed a factory reset and still nothing.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. If your router is set to use 2.4Ghz channel 12 or 13, the co-star may not see the network due to restrictions in the US on those channels.

Try setting your router to a different channel. Also if your router is set to "AUTO" change the channel to something other than 12 or 13.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

If you are still having trouble connecting to your secure network - this is what it says in the online Costar VAP430 User Guide about manually setting up the WiFi network (You can try changing to a Static IP).

Manual Wi-Fi Network Setup

To manually add a Wi-Fi network:

1. Use the Arrow buttons onthe remote to highlight AddNetwork and press OK. The AddNetwork menu is displayed.

2. Use the keyboard on the back of the remote to enter the Network SSID you wish to connect to.

3. Use the Arrow buttons on theremote to highlight a type of Security you wish to use and press OK. 4. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight Connect and press OK. The Co-Star will now attempt to connect to the network you entered.

To switch to DHCP and STATIC connections:1. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight Manual and press OK. The Manual Settings menu is displayed. 2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight DHCP Off and press OK. You can now manually enter the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Preferred DNS Address, and Alternate DNS Address.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...AP430/UM_VAP430.pdf+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I suggest reading Revue5's Co-Star router (and connection issue) tips in post #4 of the following thread:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/vizio-co-star/5958-co-star-tips.html#ctip18

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013