Quantcast

Not being able to sign in into google tv or create account on sony internet tv

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by angelt1994, Nov 27, 2011.

1. angelt1994

angelt1994 New Member

On black Friday we bought a new Sony internet TV(NSX-40GT1), the setup has been hard and I was finally able to connect it to my wifi that is being distributed via imac. After doing the update I was asked to sign in with my Google account. I tried and it failed, saying that the fields did not match when they were in fact correct. After multiple attempts i tried to create an account via the Sony internet TV. It led me to a message saying: "Your Android device needs to communicate with Google servers to set up your account. This may take up to five minutes" After a minute or so it led me to another message saying: "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call customer care." Customer care was really no help and I'm still trying to figure it out. Can someone help, please?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I would recommend that you establish the internet connection through the router instead of relayed from the iMac. I don't know if it is using any sort of software to discriminate the connection or not. So, it is probably safer to use a direct connection from either your personal router or the ISPs gateway device. However, the last time there was a big sale on Google TV devices the registrations servers were inundated for weeks. So, it could be possible there's just too many users going through the registration process at this time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. angelt1994

angelt1994 New Member

well the thing is we don't have a router. We just have our modem to the computer and then from there it distributes the wifi from the imac. Well, about how many weeks did it take for it to clear up?

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I would say it took about six weeks. However, that was due to the Logitech price cut from $245.99 to $99.99. If the problem is overcapacity due to the Black Friday sales, I doubt it would take that long. You may try using Google Public DNS, in case there's an issue with your ISP's DNS server or your DNS queries are being spoofed.

5. LePapirrikY

LePapirrikY New Member

i had similar problem to first connect to my wifi, i gave up and used an ethernet cable i had laying around in my room, but havent tried again to connect via wifi. but the rest was very easy and simple to register and such.

6. angelt1994

angelt1994 New Member

So it allowed you to do it with the ethernet?

7. angelt1994

angelt1994 New Member

I already did it, and it let me connect the wifi. The problem is getting the google account to sign in

8. gtv_brown

gtv_brown New Member

So you are able to connect via WiFi but your Google account credentials aren't being recognized? Can you try logging in using the account/password combo on your laptop? Or try creating a new account on your Google TV?

9. angelt1994

angelt1994 New Member

Yes, my credentials on the google tv are not being recognized, it says the fields do not match when they do. It allows me to log in on the computer just not the google tv, which is a crucial part of the setup. It doesnt allow me to create an account on my google tv, when i try it says "Your Android device needs to communicate with Google servers to set up your account. This may take up to five minutes" After a minute or so it led me to another message saying: "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call customer care." and customer care didn't know what to do.

10. gtv_brown

gtv_brown New Member

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Please try connecting your ethernet cable from your modem directly into your Google TV device.

Let us know if that solves the issue. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  11. angelt1994

angelt1994 New Member

It worked! Thank you very much!

12. nutmeg3748

nutmeg3748 New Member

I had the same issue. I was connected to my wifi network, but Google seemed to be rejecting the password that I knew was correct. First, I changed the password, which didn't resolve the issue. Then, I remembered that I'd recently enabled the new 2 level authentication for Google. So, I went into those setting and generated an application specific password. It worked!

Account Settings>Authorizing applications & sites>Step 1 of 2: Generate new application-specific password