Quantcast

Not all AVI files play

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by timotb, Nov 8, 2012.

1. timotb

timotb New Member

I'm using an external 500GB hard drive NTFS with MKV and AVI video files plugged in the a USB port on this Sony device. In Media Player, MKV files play fine, most AVI also play fine, some do not. These same AVI that wont play on this Sony NSZ_GS7 will play fine when on another media player device, so I know the files are good. Message says files are corrupted or not supported. Anyone know why some AVI files play and some do not?

2. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

You might want to try the GTVBox app to play your video files, it is by far the best media player on GoogleTV.

3. timotb

timotb New Member

Problem Fixed....a special thanks to MrSpock

4. Tetine

Tetine New Member

Hello,

I have the same problem with my avi files, some are working fine and others are not.
    I used to have a wd tv live and my files were working very well, and I also tried on my computer with vlc and there's nothing wrong. But I can't read them with the GTVBox app. Is there a way to fix this ?
    Thanks

5. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Have you tried putting the ones your having trouble with on a thumb drive and see if the gtvbox app reads it then as maybe some of your files are corrupted and you will know if they are or not when you copy them to the thumb drive. If they don't copy then they may be partially corrupted meaning that is why the google tv wont read them.

Also the bigger the drive a person uses the longer it takes for the google tv to read it so you may be trying to watch the files too soon and that may be why they are unviewable as well. Moving them to a thumb drive will make the wait shorter to watch them as well.

If all else fails , the programmer of gtv box has a thread on this board at http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-apps/4075-gtvbox-video-player-support.html that he may be able to help you further.

6. Tetine

Tetine New Member

I've tried on different hard drives and usb sticks, nothing works. Except on my computer and on my old "media box", which was much older and much cheaper than the Sony NSZ_GS7. But thanks for the link, I hope they will be able to help me.