Quantcast

not able to link my youtube account to my gmail account..

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Scuzzo, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

youtube account and gmail account will not link so i cant access my saved favorites or any other parts of my youtube account through the GTV youtube app.... has any one been able to get their accounts to link... is there some trick to it... i would hate to have to do a clean install of GTV 2.0 to have this corrected but for some reason the youtube app will not allow me to sign in..

help?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I use the Chrome browser to access YouTube and was able to sign into my Gmail account and access my saved subscriptions just as I can with a PC. That is all I have done and I don't use the YouTube app.

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Did you go to "My Youtube" under the youtube link and get a sign in page and see if you can sign in that way? Also your password has to be exact meaning if you have upper case and lower case characters they all should be correct and your user name will be your gmailname@gmail.com and not just gmailname.

4. MowTin

MowTin New Member

I had this problem. It drove me crazy. Solution is to create your own channel in the browser version of YouTube. Let me know if that works for you too.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

ended up having to recreate an account.. for some reason the legacy account would not link... but its not a real big deal.. seems to work now.

6. g8orglenn

g8orglenn New Member

I had the same problem, creating your own channel in the browser version of youtube, as MowTin noted, fixed the issue. The error message and suggest fix from the googletv side is completely wrong. There is nothing to link, you simply have to create your own channel.