Quantcast

Noob here, looking at what this Google tv is all about

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Steves396lt1, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Steves396lt1

Steves396lt1 New Member

I am here to see whether I am ready to jump on the bandwagon of steaming TV.

2. thekylesouza

thekylesouza New Member

Welcome. I would recommend coming through the apps and the spotlight. Plex is definately worth the $1 and hour of setup. Redux TV is probably my favorite app. The best use of the YouTube app is to subscribe to specific people and then check that IMO. Whether you use Netflix you should still check out Crackle. Here is a link to the Google TV specific posts on my blog: Google TV : The Talking Geek. Let me know if you have any questions.

3. 1fatfrog

1fatfrog New Member

There are a lot of reasons to go with GoogleTV. REDUX and Plex are certainly huge assets to the app lineup. I really like the integration features that it has with your existing TV service, you can sync all of your on demand content, live TV programs, online streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime... The interface is pretty intuitive as well, much more so than the competitors in my opinion. I'm a cord cutter myself and I have a Roku2 and a Sony NSX-40GT1. Both are excellent. If you are looking to keep your existing service and enhance your TV experience with streaming services you're looking at the right option. The only missing feature is HuluPlus streaming support, but if you have cable or FiOS TV, you won't miss it.

4. royfernandez1

royfernandez1 New Member

Greetings guys!

I'm on the same boat as Steves396lt1, I've been lurking the threads for a while now and trust me, I've enjoyed the posts.
    Wish to learn more and see you guys around.

Regards
    -Roy