Quantcast

No update for logitech revue soon - weeks away

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by dragoo, Nov 8, 2011.

1. dragoo

dragoo New Member

Just called Logitech Revue tech support because I was getting tired of waiting for the update! The press release made it sound it wasn't far away! She told me they don't have a date for the update but it will be out in the following weeks! What a disappointment since I spent $299.00 for mine. Has anyone got the update yet who has a Logitech Revue?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I have the official Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) update and a Revue. Although the two facts are intentionally joined with a conjunction and not a preposition.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  3. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

so it may be this week or the next week.. but who knows.. but i doubt any one really knows except for the team leads and the software testers what you really need to do is talk with the PM and i doubt you will be able to do that... they have the schedule.. we dont.. and i doubt any tech support really knows the truth of it... sorry but i just dont believe any thing posted any more... every thing posted on the forums is the truth.. so none of it is..

4. dragoo

dragoo New Member

Thanks for the reply's!

5. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum dragoo.:)
    I understand needing to vent a little as you have waited a really long time for the update.
    All the Sony people are having all the goodies right now. ;)

If you are tired of waiting you can always install the leaked honeycomb from GTV Hacker that is out.
    I am sure once the official update is released GTV hacker will have the new updated 2.0 fairly quick.
    I am just going to try and wait a little longer though.

Please try to be mindful about creating threads of which several regarding the same topic already exist though.
    I am not trying to discourage you from posting in any way. I am just trying to keep our forum clean.
    I am the maid/ clean up detail. LOL

Thank you.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  6. dragoo

dragoo New Member

Thank you LadyAngler. I looked for other threads about when the update release date is and I never found an answer. Sorry!

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend updating to dev-leak this late in the game. Especially, since Google has said it won't be included in the over the air GTV 2.0 rollout. Logitech has stated it will void the warranty. Google TV Hacker has stated the USB update process has been removed in the user debug.

8. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome dragoo! No worries..we're looking into ways to streamline such info, and even update it with workarounds/resolutions when they occur, so stay tuned! :D

9. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

+1 to efferz just wait at this point
    The leaks were great at first now they are just a nightmare wait till Logitech releases they OTA

10. HeatherA

HeatherA New Member

I'm so out of the loop. I hadn't heard that. So where does that leave those of us that updated?

11. usnret

usnret New Member

eferz - a conjunction nicely utilized..

12. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir.

Same spot you've been when you decided to go ahead with the update. Voided warranty and uncertainty whether or not you'll actually be able to update. At least, you've been able to enjoy some of the features of Anrdoid 3.1 (Honeycomb) before the most of the world.

• Like Like x 2
  13. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

You have to install the the first leaks recovery image via ADB over the USer Debug then wait for GTVHacker to get and then release the OTA in zip format

14. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Painfully familiar for those of us that cannot leave our phones and tabs alone! :p

15. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

I wish it was familiar to me I cannot get adb installed properly on my computer

16. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

17. millermoto

millermoto New Member

Never had a problem with adb on Win7 but thanks for the Knoppix tip. I may have to try it out - www . knoppix . net

18. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

I've been around this block before,not so much with Logitech and GTV in the came context..but sometimes there are things worth waiting for.and other times you have to wonder what's taking so long..I've made it this far since the CES,I suppose a few more weeks won't hurt us..with My luck,it'll spring up as our family is sitting down to our usual Honey Baked Ham..Nope we're not big on Turkey lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

LOL...That would be fun. At least you would have the whole day off to check out all the goodies. :)
    I hope the update comes before Thanksgiving though.:eek:

20. HeatherA

HeatherA New Member

Well I don't care about the voided warranty. I only paid $37 for my Revue anyway... and it works well so the updates not happening might not even be a problem. Just curious.

Also, since Logitech is apparently ditching the Revue, not being able to update in the future may give me a good reason to buy the next GTV device down the pike. ;-)