Quantcast

no sound when using asus cube

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by uncledrew, Jan 12, 2014.

1. uncledrew

uncledrew New Member

Installed Asus Cube Google TV a couple weeks ago. Worked fine for a week but since then I'm not able to get any sound on either Netflix nor YouTube. Sound works fine when watching regular cable tv. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Have you tried doing a factory reset?

3. uncledrew

uncledrew New Member

Thank you for your suggestion. I think that is going to be my next step. Is it as simple as pushing the reset pin? Will I have to re-enter my Netflix a/c info? Are there any other things to be aware of when doing the factory reset?

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. Yes just long-press the reset pin. On my Logitech Revue I hold the reset button down for about 40 seconds. I'm not sure if it's exactly the same on the Asus Cube.

You will have to sign-in to Netflix after the factory reset. And all other web sites because the factory reset clears the cookies.

Upon setting up the Cube after the reset - you will have the option to choose to have your apps automatically restored. So apps that you downloaded from the Google Play Store will be restored - however sideloaded apps won't be restored.

Also if your home screen was customized you will lose that. The home screen goes back to the factory version. Any settings such as your Chrome web page display options will revert to the factory default setting.

Beware you will also lose your GTV bookmarks unless you have them synced to the cloud. There is an explanation on how to sync your GTV bookmarks to the cloud (so that they won't be lost during a factory reset) in post #9 in the following thread:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...lems-encountered-honeycomb-3-2-upgrade-2.html

It's a bit of a hassle to do the factory reset - but you can return all your apps and settings to the way they were before - it just takes a bit of effort. Often after a factory reset the GTV devices run better (a bit faster).

5. uncledrew

uncledrew New Member

Thank you for the detailed information.