Quantcast

No Signal or Picture

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by kngoworld, Jul 29, 2013.

1. kngoworld

kngoworld New Member

Hi all, this is my first post regarding my Vizio Co-Star. I have had it since it first came out, and everything had been running smooth until about a week ago. I no longer get any signal to my TV from my Co-Star. I have shut it down and restarted it (unplugging and re-plugging the power). I have double checked all my HDMI cables and the cable box. Not sure what else to do. The power light is solid when it is plugged in. Has anyone come across this issue? Did my box die? Any help appreciated, thank you!

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Have you tried doing a factory reset?

3. kngoworld

kngoworld New Member

Yes, I have pressed down the reset button on the bottom of the device for 10 seconds. Still, nothing has changed.

4. herculese1

herculese1 New Member

I would try changing hdmi ports on your TV as well as maybe the HDMI cable.

5. kngoworld

kngoworld New Member

I contacted Vizio Support, they had me do a couple hard resets in a row and that got me to a message on the screen that said the device was having trouble re-booting. I then had to hold the record and blue botton down together on the remote to activate it. I was given the choice on screen to reboot or re-set and they instructed me to select re-set. At that point a status bar came up on the bottom of the screen. The status bar was moving for over an hour but nothing happened. They have told me they most likely will need to replace the device.

6. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Did you have your apps & bookmarks synced and the restore box check marked in settings? If so, hopefully you can transition easily to a new unit w/all yer data intact. When a similar incident happened to me I was within the time limit and simply got a refund when they offered to send me a new unit. It doesn't make sense to be subjected to a device that seems to fail over time for no reason.

7. kngoworld

kngoworld New Member

Hi, I hope I had my apps and bookmarks synced, I know I do that with all my android devices, but I do not recall if I did that in the setting for the GTV. I got lucky that my device was still under the year warranty, barely. They tried to say the year started when I pre-ordered my device in early July 2012, but I made them change that to when it shipped in mid August. Just in case other have the same issue, right around this time period.

They never gave me an offer for a refund, which I might have taken since I order my Chromecast already. They only told me I could get a replacement unit which will be re-certified. This is what they sent me:

"We have 2 options for replacing your VIZIO device. First, you qualify for an Advance Replacement. This means we will ship your replacement to be received in approximately 8-11 business days. We’ll include a pre-paid shipping label so that you can return the other unit back to us in the same box and packing material within 5-7 days after you receive and test the replacement. We need a valid credit card with the available funds. The card cannot be a debit card or one linked to any checking or savings account. We will place a hold for funds of the purchase price to ensure the other unit is returned to VIZIO. This Advance Replacement will get you the replacement unit sooner and save you shipping costs.

The 2nd option is we can provide the address to ship in the defective unit, once we receive that we'll ship the replacement. You would be responsible to ship the unit in and VIZIO would pay to ship the replacement. It's recommended that in that instance you get tracking information to ensure it's received. This process typically takes 11-16 business days. For TVs if you need a box one will be provided but will add 5-7 business days for shipping.

Per the manufacturer’s warranty we will be replacing your VIZIO with a Re-Certified unit. Let me tell you what that means:
    This is a product that has left our warehouse new but then returned. The returned device could be an open-box, delivery refusal or overstocked unit. The device is Re-Certified (tested) and held as replacements units for instances like this. It is a like-new set in all respects; however we cannot sell it as new any longer."

Hope this information and thread will help others who might come across a similar issue.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Phillykef

Phillykef New Member

I had the exact same issue, TWICE. The first time they sent me a refurbished unit, and it worked great for about 3 months, then also died. My second replacement (a brand new unit) has been going strong for a few months now and it is also working great, so I'm crossing my fingers.

9. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing...

If you still want a refund, you can call Vizio support and explain that you don't want a replacement, but would rather a refund as you no longer have confidence in their product. They will take their time reimbursing you via yer credit card, but eventually it will show up. Be sure to have all pertinent info at hand. Model Number, Serial number and the Customer Service case number assigned to you from the e-mail.

If you decide to go w/another unit, I would take the shipping label option...

Carl