Quantcast

No Signal coming from TV. (Logitech Revue)

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by BLSmith2112, Dec 16, 2011.

1. BLSmith2112

BLSmith2112 New Member

We have a HV20 DirectTV receiver connected (HDMI OUT) to our Revue's HDMI IN. The Revue's HDMI OUT is plugged into the TV (Samsung LN52A650). When we turn on the Revue, both green lights appear. The Revue intro screen/image appears on the TV. Shortly after, the screen disappears and all we then see is "No Signal," changing from "Check Signal Cable" earlier when nothing is connected.

How can we correct this? The DirectTV receiver just plugged into the television works just fine...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

This is usually indicative of an High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) conflict. This can be due to a bad HDMI cable, a faulty HDMI port, or a non-compliant HDCP device. The first thing I would check is try to use alternate known working cables with the Logitech Revue. It is a little sensitive and requires the full 5V during HDMI transmissions for stability. The other thing I would check is to connect only the Logitech Revue directly to the television and try different HDMI ports. If that doesn't work then try it on another television. This process of elimination should help you determine the root cause of the issue.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BLSmith2112

BLSmith2112 New Member

Thanks for the reply. Well I just disconnected a known working HDMI cable (the one we use for our commonly used Xbox 360), and unplugged the DirectTV receiver so it was just the Revue I was working with. Exclusively plugged in the Revue with the new working HDMI cable into the television and the same thing happens.

Television Messages: (Revue is currently powered ON during this process)
    "No Signal Cable" > When nothing is connected.
    "Searching for Signals" > The instant I plug in the HDMI to the Revue.
    "No Signal" > 5-10 seconds after plugging in the Revue.

If I unplug and then plug-in the Revue, the splash logo screen appears but reverts to the "No Signal" message a few seconds later. So the cabling can't be the issue.. not sure how the HDMI port on the Revue can be bad (can't be the television) since a splash screen appears when it is plugged in, and our Samsung LN52A650 TV is only a few years old and after a quick google search it seems like its HDCP compatible...

Edit: I sadly do not have another HDMI capable television to test this on.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Oh don't get me started. High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a useless protocol that infects a perfectly good digital interconnect. It is basically just there to prevent you from using your AV equipment the way you want. The idea behind its implementation is add a mechanism to prevent you from copying high-bandwidth digital content. So, basically if the protocol cannot determine that the HDMI chain of devices is secure then it will cut off the signal at the source device. Unfortunately, its a crappy protocol that's flakey and very temperamental. If I had my way, I'd *bleep* the *bleep* bleep* *bleep* bleep* of the guy who *bleep* *bleep* invented it. *bleep* the guy at Intel for *bleep* inventing it, and *bleep* the FCC for cowtowing to *bleep* *bleep* Hollywood lobbyist and *bleep* allowing it to *bleep*exist.

I didn't really get censored, but thought reading this message in a madlib fill in your own blanks got the message across in a humorous way.

5. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Member

Something to consider:
    You posted "when you turn the Revue on". How are you turning the Revue on?
    The Revue is designed to be "on" all the time (no on/off switch). Foe example, if you have it plugged into a power strip with an on/off switch to turn it off and on, that could be the problem.
    As eferz posted, HDMI can be a royal pain in the butt. Some devices with HDMI can be very sensitive to how/when they're powered on.
    If you haven't already, try leaving the power to the Revue on all the time, even when you turn your whole system off.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BLSmith2112

BLSmith2112 New Member

The only way I got a responce from the Revue was unplugging the power connection from the back of the Revue. I have attempted (and mentioned in my last reply that) turning off the DirectTV receiver & Television while the receiver is on.

I'm still confused and have no idea for a solution. I mentioned I used a good & working HDMI cable as a replacement - but I am still experiencing the exact same issue.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

In your situation, I would get an exchange for the Logitech Revue.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BLSmith2112

BLSmith2112 New Member

Alright I'll replace it for another one..

9. BLSmith2112

BLSmith2112 New Member

The Google TV is on the way back to the factory. I called Logitech and this was their diagnosis. They did however tell me to navigate through my television and disable AnyNET... but after disabling that it still occurred. Will report back once I can check it again.