Quantcast

No Service provider found

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by ronnycopeh, May 16, 2014.

1. ronnycopeh

ronnycopeh Member

Something is going on with my CoStar, I am unable to retrieve channel info because is there when I tried to set up a dvr or Cable box after after scanning I get this error, I have Xfinity Comcast as a provider and at one time it was showing, I haven't change anything, all the other programs are working and the remote is control the tv volume. Thanks for any respond.

• Like Like x 2
  2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I believe Google changed the servers around I heard so until google fixes it a person can not get the channel lineup data they need when wanting to set up their google tvs or if they decide to try and change their channel lineups so I would write google and ask them when they plan on fixing it as it affects the Hisense models as well and possibly others that wont know until they reset their google tvs or until they go in to their settings and manually try changing their channel lineups and find the old server no longer there.

So far I know it has been reported on the Hisense and the Logitech Revue and now the Co-star so I guess the problem is affecting quite a few models if not all.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hard to tell what's going on with Google's server - but in the past people that had this issue had some success in resolving it by resetting their router and GTV device. Might not hurt to give that a try - if it doesn't help then your problem is probably related to Google's server.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

With Google I/O just a little more than a month away - where it is widely anticipated that Google will announce their new Android TV platform (which is reportedly "simpler" than GTV) - I'm wondering if this widespread issue of the channel lineups not showing up with GTV devices could be an early indication that Google is planning to do away with cable box integration? It seems a bit strange that this issue has been occurring for a while now without being fixed. Then again it could just be a server issue - but the longer this issue drags on without being fixed I think the higher the odds that Google is going to ditch cable integration. I'm not predicting it yet - but watching closely...............................

• Like Like x 2
  5. BubbaHotep

BubbaHotep New Member

I was having the same problem, Hisense sent me an update for my Hisense vision and fixed it. Google is making some Major updates to the lineup providers.. ie adding European providers to the list.

• Like Like x 4
  6. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Are you still having that problem with unable to retrieve channel info as I believe I read someone said it finally worked for them so if you don't mind I would love to see if it still affects you or not so I can post an update to the Google TV Community that it is safe again to reset peoples google tvs.

Thanks

7. ronnycopeh

ronnycopeh Member

Yes, just tried it and its working again but still not able to program Costar to control X1 Xfinity Cable box. Thanks for the info

• Like Like x 2