Quantcast

No Program Information in Live TV

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by Gaberlunzi, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Gaberlunzi

Gaberlunzi New Member

Yesterday (Nov 2) I received the latest version. Today around noon I noticed that Live TV no longer has program information. Normally clicking anywhere on the screen when watching broadcast TV will display a header with the channel identification, current program title, and the time. It always says "No Program Information" and the time displayed is three hours before the actual time. This was working before the update. When I go to the home screen, the correct time is displayed, and BuddyTV has no trouble to display the current time and correct programs. This was working before the update. I have the LG 47G2. Another TV in the house (not a Google TV) displays the program information, so it is not like it is not being transmitted by the stations.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any idea how to fix it? Did Google fix the blank screen problem only to introduce a worse defect?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try doing a factory reset.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

i wouldnt say that what you have is worse.....traditionally LG TV's have never shown any program information in the instance you speak of. most people dont rely on that anyways since most people have a cable box or if they use basic cable they have memorized what channel is which station.

i agree that a factory reset is a good way to go (it will erase everything on the TV, but no biggie, just re-download everything again...

the update may have messed with your "tv inuput" settings like the zip code.... so resetting the TV would have you reset the zip code anyways...you know you can try resetting teh zip code first and see if that resolves the issue.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gaberlunzi

Gaberlunzi New Member

The factory reset did not work :mad:

5. bookman25

bookman25 New Member

I'm having the same problem. Did an OTA update yesterday and now no longer see program information or the correct time when viewing the program info on a channel.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gaberlunzi

Gaberlunzi New Member

I spoke with an LG representative. They are aware of the problem, but the fix will need to come from Google. In the meantime, it is possible to get program information by switching to another timezone manually in the settings menu. I found that none of the USA timezones worked, but after I manually switched to GMT, the program information came back. Unfortunately the times are then incorrect in both the program info header and Google TV home screen, however the program titles displayed are the correct ones.

• Like Like x 2
  7. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

The problem may be due to DST taking affect last night and not an update.

Are you referring to the Rovi TV Guide Data as if you are I would wait a day and see if the problem fixes itself - Also make sure you set the tv to standby when powered off as the guide data will find it easier to update rather then shutting the tv off completely.

8. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

yea i spoke to LG as well and they told me that they are aware of it and working on an update...hopefully we will see the update soon. fingers crossed that the update shows up in the next few weeks.

9. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

i think that what happened is that the previous update did not take DST in to factor...i def believe that this is a software glitch in how the TV understands the new signals coming from broadcasters as a result of DST...

10. sampcyn

sampcyn New Member

I too noticed the same thing after updating to the latest firmware. I did factory resets gazillion times to no avail - I thought I was going crazy for a while. Good to know LG is aware of this

11. Gaberlunzi

Gaberlunzi New Member

The latest update to 03.04.04 fixed the Program Information bug.