Quantcast

No Playon

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by lartomar2002, Aug 26, 2012.

1. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

I put g.playon.tv (and I tried m.playon.tv)in search bar it takes me to a page that says "playon on PC found" it then quickly takes me to the Playon web page where you can see some of the Playon channels and has 2 arrows below them, one pointing up and the other pointing down. The problem is when ever I select one of the channels nothing happens. I have sent a support request to Playon and we have been emailing back and forth and have not solved it yet. Has any one experienced this?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The user agent must be set to default, any chance you have it set to generic?

3. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

Thanks, I have been pulling my hair out and it was that simple. :)

4. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

Now I can not get Playon no matter what I do. Wait a minuite that is not quite right. I can access with it Chrome but the A/V will not sync. I have tried g.playo.tv and with GTV Box I trid gtv.playon.tv. I used GTV Box and sesrched for UpNP/DLNA server and it did not find it. PlayPoint could find it but when I drill down to the video file it will not play them. I did replace my pc HDD and router because of an electrical surge. and I can still access Playon using my WDTV Live HD. I have been in discussions with Playon support about the Co-Star and we have exhausted all of their suggestions. So I can only think of 2 possibilities. One Vizio in the past week has started blocking Playon or some how the router I bought is effecting it. The only problem with that is the Co-Star is on a wired network and is only being passed through the router. The original router was a Netgear WNR2000v2 and the new one is a Belkin N750 DB. So what do you guys think? Can someone test this for me?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  5. herculese1

herculese1 New Member

i just tried my playon server using m.playon.tv and it works just fine for me.

6. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

With the help of Playon and Vizio support we were able to fix it. I had my Playon video settings a auto and had to reset it to medium. The resolution sucks though but Vizio is sending me a new Co-Star and said that issue was fixed and I should not have that problem again. They are replacing mine because of some other issues and because of it getting very hot.

7. herculese1

herculese1 New Member

glad you fixed it. FYI my playon Video Performance setting is set to max and it still works fine.

8. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

I guess it was just my unit.

9. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I believe the manual for playon tells people to use g.playon.tv and not m.playon.tv so maybe you can see if that makes any difference. I think the m.playon.tv is meant for mobile devices like phones and tablets but may be wrong.

Once you log in to your playon with your costar you can press the star button on your remote and send a link to favorite that page to your home page to make it easier to access too.

10. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

Yeah, I had stopped using and went to g.playon.tv but was still having the A/V sync problem. I will see what happens with the new unit and post back.:D

11. herculese1

herculese1 New Member

Just noticed today that i aactually have the A/V sync problem too. I have no problem opening the videos but when they play the audio is alwas about 5-10 sec ahead of the video. I noticed it when i was streaming a live football game today. i tried changing the lipsync settings in settings but could not resolve it.

12. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

You need to go to the Playon settings psge and set the Video settings to medium, then when streaming through the Co-Star/Chrome browser the video/audio sync will be fixed but the resolution will drop. Vizio's enginnering dept is awsre of this and there should a update soon that will address this and more.

• Like Like x 2
  13. herculese1

herculese1 New Member

I'll try this when i get home. Mine was set to max. Hopefully Vizio stays on top of this product with updates as times passes.

14. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member