Quantcast

No One Has Revues Update Yet-Should Not Be Advertising It Yet! Not Right!

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by popeye123, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

See all the Ads showing 3.1 Update-see all the quotes from the "blog".
    But No One has yet seen the update. Only one and you know something that was a hoax!
    So didn't someone say do not believe everything you read?
    Should we be taking in these lies ?
    Should they be "allowed" to advertise it without having it?
    What about these poor suckers going out and buying them and connecting and seeing 2.1-not right.
    They are selling an item without giving what they are advertising.
    Isn't that wrong?
    Can they justify it with "saying" it is coming out?
    Would you buy it with all the crap Logitech has done to its customers with the revue?

Some one stop the crap-make them accountable for their actions.

It is NOT out!!!!!

Saw this post at another forum and agree

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. sarends

sarends New Member

I even went and bought a 2nd Revue last night (been thinking about it anyway) hoping that when the device was registered it would download 3.1 - it didn't. This was disappointing as I had read yesterday that new Revue boxes (previously not registered) would receive Honeycomb.

I believe they have not actually turned on the update switch yet - my hunch os they are performing some last minute fixes and NOBODY has received the OTA update.

3. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

You know then they should not have rushed to advertise-they should have "rushed" to get the update out!

False advertising is still not addressed.
    Do not quote the blog please!

4. dproff

dproff New Member

Here's the comment I left at Logitech. I will bet they don't let it get posted in all the positive bull comments they are posting.

I'm a little confused. This week meaning ending the Saturday? Even people in my country initiating new installations are not getting the update here (United States) as far as I can tell. With the massive dissatisfaction I've been hearing from most people, this was not the way to roll this out. Let us have a USB manual load option.

5. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

You know they should have not advertised until it was ACTUALLY out!

Any lawyers out there? Let us know if what they did was the "right" thing to do?

6. mcd2000

mcd2000 Active Member

Consperation theory: they just want more people to buy those Revues left in stock before Christmas. When all sold out, they say "Uuups! No update, guys!"
    Buhahahahaha!:p

7. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

are you not getting enough attention over at the logitech forum? sorry mods, but this cat needs to be called out.. you build condos on little tech forums just to spread dissatisfaction, just hover and try and stir up crap. there are reports of the offical build on GTVhackers.. it is for folks who went with the do it your self upgrade.. but its there.. that is the first i have heard of the download.. but if its true and the by weeks end is true.. then all your posting will be for not... its just another tantrum.. you need to grow up Jay,,,

you just need to let all the rightous indignation stop... you are not some political refugee trying to bring down a big corp bad guy,,
    you are just some kid throwning a tantrum behind a computer screen...

sorry mods... and i know the posting rules.. but it cant stand seeing this crap coming to a useful forum such as this and say nothing,,,,
    the cat is just bad news,,, scrap this post if you must,, but i had to vent a little..

• Like Like x 2
  8. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

Attention-taking down Logitech-NO

I think there has to be some accountability for any companies or persons actions. What they are doing is wrong! How many consumers really see these forums when shopping or checking out the web?
    How can they market something they do not have? They should not have placed these ads or market something that is not actually out yet! If CEo says it will be out then it is not out yet-they should not say on web site 3.1 on hear say.
    Make any sense to you?
    Tandtrum-yes mad, but not stomping my feet crying-I want some sense of responsibility here!

9. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

since you asked....

no you dont make any sense to me...
    go look at the tripe you spill over at the logitech forum... you are like a spoiled little kid who is not getting his way.. the update is late... BIG DEAL... a grownup would just accept that thinks happen... and move on... but you decide to not post one neg "I DONT LIKE THIS" but 80 or 90,, at a point you start doing less and less good,, we get it... and you need to move on... its just a bleeding update... post usefull information... or just move on... get off the soapbox.. it get old... and its last gasp... because once the update is pushed..
    im thinking monday.. all your thunder will be indeed stolen.. and you willl be done.... i think you should just take a hammer to the black box now.. and really make a political sacrifice but you dont have the guts to make a real statement... just a tempest on a mouse pad..

again sorry mods..
    but sometimes.. the temper wins..

im kinda silly in that..

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  10. bfready

bfready New Member

Scuzzo,Do you work for Logitech?

11. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

no i just think folks need to gain a little perspective.. if the update is pushed off a day more... you dont need to spam a board with whiny childish tantrums.. there are way more important thing in the world then a slip of a push date.. perhaps because i am in the dev field,, i know what the processes are when dates slip, and its not to make the end user mad.. but with this self entitled world we live in now... its just a shame that some one can afford such efforts for such a silly crusade,, when there are so many more important things to really get up set over.. that have nothing in the world to do with some entertainment update.. to put it blunt..

if this all you have to b**** about. you should be so lucky..

but i dont expect any one to agree,, because the update is a bit late,,, and the world truly is about to end..

• Like Like x 2
  12. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

The issue on this thread is not that the update is late. This thread was started that it is wrong to advertise something that it is not available.
    I have no problem reading me the riot act on the other threads but not this.
    This thread has nothing to do with it being late-it is the accountability of selling and advertising for something that is not out.
    Not for me but the people who knows nothing about the fiasco of the update.

Please feel free to express your opinions of tantrums on my other threads.
    Thanks.

13. captblaze

captblaze New Member

GTV hackers has the official update and it is available for download, with instructions to install...

Hopefully this ends the we dont have it yet posts

14. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yeah, with the reports of people bricking their Revues because of it, I wonder why anyone wouldn't wait for the officially OTA process. Or, at least wait until GTV Hacker can iron out the process to be more reliable. If you were patient enough to wait this long, it wouldn't be prudent to rush the process now. Especially, now that you know its only a few days away.

15. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

OK-no one wants to address the issue.

Guess I am the only one that sees a problem with putting the ads out before the update.

Poor consumers that does buy these units.

16. Craysh

Craysh New Member

No one addressing the issue? What are you talking about?

They've been lambasting Logitech for the last MONTH because of it.

17. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

That they posted on their site-on Direct TV-on Internet that Revues have 3.1 Update when they do not have the update out yet.
    Usually people advertise and sell their product with ads info that is actually included rather than check out the blog the CEO is saying it WILL be out.
    They are directing their advertising before it is out. They should have actually released the update before they started their campaign.
    This is not "where is the update"...it is do not advertise something you do not have! You do not have the update out.

Hopefully this makes sense-thanks.

18. captblaze

captblaze New Member

i havent updated, was passing along info. been lurking for a month and seems like this is a napa valley forum (too much whine).

if somebody wants to take a chance and brick their device, perhaps they will learn a $99 lesson and be patient next time

btw... the build date on the update is Nov. 27, 2011

19. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

20. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

You sure you are posting in the correct thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.