Quantcast

No Netflix available on the Sony Google TV box - UK user

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by PJG, Jul 28, 2012.

1. PJG

PJG New Member

There is no Netflix App visible on Google Play through the GTV box and it does not appear as a service through the Sony Entertainment Network. Does anyone know when the Netflix App is coming to GTV please?

I tried to access Netflix through the Google Chrome browser and although you can see all the services, it displays a 'system requirements' page, i.e. Netflix won't play through Google Chrome on GTV, when you choose something and press PLAY.

As an aside, I had also expected to see the BBC iplayer App on GTV but no! Fortunately that plays okay through the Google Chrome browser as does 4OD and ITV Player.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Of course the US version has a Netflix app, in my opinion a very good one. If the UK version does not have Netflix and it isn't accessible by a Google TV browser, there is no way to add it until Netflix and Google provide it. Do other UK streaming boxes have Netflix now?

3. SKFScotLAD

SKFScotLAD New Member

Yes many Smart Boxes, TV, BluRay players in the UK have NetFlix as well as games consoles and even Android devices but for some frustrating reason this Sony Google TV Box does not.

4. Aslan442

Aslan442 New Member

Sony UK support have suggested that netflix should be avaliable around about the 11th August

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

5. PJG

PJG New Member

Thanks for the info Aslan442. Did they indicate how it would be made available? e.g. App on Google Play, Netflix option on the Sony Entertainment Newtork app or something else?

6. PJG

PJG New Member

Good news! Received system update on Friday night and the Netflix app now appears in the Apps list. Used it several times over the weekend and it works a treat.

7. lunapark

lunapark Member

Yeap me too... Netflix and Mediaplayer is now available.