Quantcast

No input/flashing picture.

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by YippieKaiA, Oct 11, 2011.

1. YippieKaiA

YippieKaiA New Member

My 40" Sony Google TV is connected via HDMI to a Time Warner Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC DVR. Every now and then for no reason at all the picture on screen will flash, like it's searching for an input signal. Recently it has gotten worse and sometimes it shows the "no input" screen although none of the cables are ever moved. It doesn't matter if I'm watching live tv or dvr playback. However I DO NOT have this input issue with any of the other components attached to the tv. I have not factory reset the tv, and the dvr is a replacement which has worked fine for 2 months and now has started up again. I can't figure out why it happens sometimes for days in a row or why it sometimes doesn't happen at all. The fix is usually to unplug the dvr, but that only works sometimes.

Is this a known issue? Do I have to call Time Warner and request a specific box? Is it possible that the HDMI cables are bad? This is very annoying. I like the tv a lot, I just want to be able to watch it. Thank you for all of your help.

2. canallison

canallison New Member

We are having the exact same problem with our TV, although our cable is Cablevision. After two hours of trying everything (searching web for answers, changing settings, adding a signal booster, etc.) except, like you, the "factory reset" option :confused: :mad:, we came to a very simple solution, by accident. :eek: Long story short, try switching from your HDMI cable to the RGB component cables as your input source. Our TV picture/sound came back immediately. Go figure...:p It's worth a try.
    Side note: For the skeptics, our HDMI cable doesn't appear to have a problem, because it works everywhere else that we've tried it, just loses signal between cable box and new Sony Google TV. It works b/w the same box and our Sony Bravia TV and it's a Sony HDMI cable. Tried switching to a different HDMI cord and different HDMI inputs, as well, b/w the cable box and new Google TV. Everything, HDMI related, we tried.