Quantcast

no costar remote tray!

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by ecd1973, Aug 27, 2012.

1. ecd1973

ecd1973 New Member

So I finally get my costar today (no thanks to turtle-slow fedex smartpost). Open the box and lo and behold my remote didn't come with the AA battery holder tray. So the batteries just rattle around in the open hole in the bottom of the remote. Vizio is sending me a new remote...which will get here in 11 business days.

Do I have any way to get the remote to work? Some kind of tinfoil trick? Can I setup and use the costar with no remote?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. mdvalenz

mdvalenz New Member

If you have a keyboard and mouse you can use that, but it won't be easy. Not sure if the mouse can open the home screen anyway. A harmony remote might work if you can get the settings off the web. The tray has the electrical contacts as part of it, so I don't think you can get it to work without one.

3. seedoubleyou

seedoubleyou New Member

I have a keyboard with media buttons (including browser control) hooked up to mine and the button typically used for "home" in the browser pulls up the menu for me. I think perhaps the windows key and some other button combination might do it as well. Hope this helps.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2