Quantcast

No channels???

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by EvanGorley, Sep 28, 2012.

1. EvanGorley

EvanGorley New Member

When I go to the "TV & Movies" app, which allows me to look at whats on my DVR, rent movies/shows from google play, or I can select "Live TV". When I select live TV to view what is playing on Dish Network, I get a "There is nothing to be displayed here" window. I have connected my Dish box, as well as activated the 4.00 per month fee to sync them. I can look at what is on my DVR in the "Shows" and "Movies" section, as well as control the DVR with the Sony remote, but cannot get a "live" guide.

I have searched forums and threads and found nothing. Any ideas?

2. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Go in to setup for your Sony and make sure you told it about your Dish box? What's this $4 sync fee you speak of?

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

The 4 dollar sync fee is a fee dish tacks on your monthly bill so the google tv can control the scheduling of stuff with the dvr ,etc.

4. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Oh, neat. I didn't realize the they were even trying to support recording programs via DVRs. I'm surprised that Dish charges for this, though, unless you can also use the GoogleTv as a networked set top box to a Hopper?

5. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

To use it your dvr has to be connected to the internet I believe as I have dish and have an sd receiver but its not connected to the net so I had to set up my dvr with basic intergration instead of the advanced intergration which charges the 4 dollar fee every month.

6. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

First make sure your channels are properly entered into the TV & Movies App channel listing. From TV mode (Full Screen) click on Menu. This should bring up "TV Options." Click on "Edit channel listing." Make sure all channels you programmed on initial set up are check marked. This is a great way to get rid of unwanted channels and add new channels.

Once ya got all yer channels set up, anytime you see a blank screen, while in the App, click on the tool icon on the lower left hand side of the menu section. (Options) Then select Personalization>Select account. Clicking on your email address will make sure all recent changes are synced. Try this anytime the channel sync gets weird. This should only be necessary once or twice before the unit & cable box & app begins to work seamlessly.

Carl

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 2