Quantcast

No audio sound

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by hain2005, Jun 3, 2011.

1. hain2005

hain2005 New Member

Hello,
    Just bought my Sony Google TV yesterday and couldn't get any sound from YouTube/CNN Video/etc, but only my Live TV (DirecTV) works fine. I even reset to factory settings and tried the setup again but still no sound. I don't want to return this unit, so any help is appreciated. I will attempt to call Sony later, but I would avoid that if I don't have to.
    Thanks

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Did you choose AV setup or tv speakers when you selected your sound setup when first setting up the tv? If you selected A/V setup as the default, try changing to tv speakers or make sure you have some sound cables running from the tv somehow to your a/v equipment.

Since I don't use A/V equipment I am unsure how to set it up with the sony google tv but it sounds like you may be using it and its not hooked up to the tv and only recognizes your direct tv for sound.

By the way, the sony people are really helpful and understanding when you call them to trouble shoot a problem. They helped me fix a big problem with my tv I had since I got it :)

3. hain2005

hain2005 New Member

I figured it out. I was using the HDMI to DVI cable to my TV, therefore no digital sound. I had to get a digital optical cable and connect from my Sony to my TV and that did the job. Thanks for the reply.