Quantcast

No app drawer

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by lartomar2002, Oct 3, 2012.

1. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

This morning I turned on the Co-Star and after it connected to my usb drive and the network connected appeared in the upper right coner, I tried to open the app drawer and after a few moments I would get the notification that the app launcher (app drawer) had stopped and asked if I wanted to force close or wait. I forced closed it and every time I tried to open it I got the same thing. Anyone else experience this?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try rebooting by unplugging your Co-Star.

3. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

Yeah, that's what I did. This seens to be the fix for most problems but, it seems I do this a lot (not for the same problem) which I believe is not normal. Am I missing some setting or other thing that would cause me to reboot a lot?
    BTW, in your signature you say to get everything for GTV to set it to generic. Are you talking about the Chrome settings?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  4. CatfishRivers

Try going to your settings and clearing cache and browsing history periodically. As Wisdom mentioned there are apps that can boost the amount of available Ram by automatically clearing the cache from your apps. I use one called "Smart Ram Booster" (free in Google Play store) for my Logitech Revue.

But IMO Google TV still has some bugs and glitches and Google needs to work on improving the software.

5. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

So, in your opinion, Google TV is the culprit and not the Co-Star?

6. CatfishRivers

IMO primarily yes. I base this on reading a lot of articles, reviews, etc. and The Sony NSZ-ZS7 has it's fair share of glitches also. I own a Logitech Revue and it reboots on it's own several times a day (during web surfing, looking at apps, etc.)

7. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

Thanks a lot. I have read many of your post and I agree, you are very knowledgeable about GTV and the different STBs. I have a pre-order in for the OUYA which will not be shipped until next April. It is to be open source and compatible with GTV and (drum roll please) XBMC. A lot of peope have invested in this in through KickStarter. I hhve seen a list of donors and their are many names on it that I have seen on many forums, blogs and articles on the Internet. These people have a lot more knowledge than I do and if they belive in it then I'm going to jump on it. I'm sure you probably know more about it.

8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

HDMI problem, not the Co-Star ....!

9. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

I have replaced all of my HDMI cables with new 1.4 highspeed cables. I have gone through the process of unpugging the power source to all devices and unplugging the HDMI cales and then powering up the devices and plugging the HDMI cables one by one and did not have a problem (followed the steps for analyzing possibly HDMI problems in the Tips thread). But eventually I will have a problem again, sometimes the same problem and sometimes a different and then I do the same process again. I am hesitant to to call Vizio because they will ask me to do the same process again. If I was not 65 years old with bad knees and back (don't get me started :)) it would not be a problem but, has it is now it takes me about 2 1/2 hours to do that process and it is working n low cramped spaces. Needless to say it is not something I look forward to. My wife sees me doing this and even she is starting to become frustrated with it. Can you offer another different suggestion?