Quantcast

NHL Web App for Google TV Launched

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by Rickaren, May 25, 2011.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

May 25, 2011

NHL Web App for Google TV Launched, Brings Video Highlights and Hockey Stats to Your TV

Today, hockey fans have one more reason to cheer this playoff season. The NHL has released a TV optimized web app for Google TV that gives you access to on demand video highlights, up-to the-minute scores and in-depth statistics.

"The NHL web app lets you sit back, relax, and enjoy highlights from recent games straight from your living room. If you missed the game over the weekend, using the NHL GameCenter Dashboard you can go back to previous days and view all video highlights, box scores, and match-up stats."

[​IMG]

"You can also check out video highlights for some of the season's most exciting games. Summary stats for leading players as well as league standings are also available. Check out the app in the Google TV Spotlight Gallery," Google informed.

2. jmburnzy

jmburnzy New Member

Wow NHL tv is pretty cool. Also love that IGN has been added.

3. eddiethemachete

eddiethemachete New Member

OK so if I order NHL GAMECENTER, will I be able to watch it through GTV or not? Ordering this give access to all games and is streamed online. Has anybody done this yet? Thanks.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The 'official' NHL web app for Google TV only has scores, standings and video highlight clips. So in order to view the full games from NHL GameCenter with GTV - it will need to work with the Chrome browser and our current version of Flash (which is 10.1) - I will also mention that we will be getting a higher version of Flash with the Honeycomb update. I suggest you contact their customer support to see if it will work with Chrome and Flash 10.1

5. eddiethemachete

Thank you for your response.
    I have explored the NHL web app, but still want to watch live games. So what you are saying is that out of the box, GTV will not work. I am just a dumb hockey fan and do not know what Chrome is, what Flash I have, or what Honeycomb updates are. Unless I can figure it out by the end of the month (any additional help is appreciated), I think Roku will work and will re-buy GTV when the issues are resolved, because the potential is amazing. But sincerely, thank you for your reply.

6. Pailhead

Pailhead New Member

NHL Gamecenter Live works with Google TV. I just purchased it last night. However, you can't access it through the Gamecenter in the Spotlight section...and you can't go to nhl.com because it will redirect you that same Gamecenter screen. I don't remember what the exact website is, but just google "NHL Gamecenter Live" and it will take there. The 3000 kbps stream is HD quality.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  7. eddiethemachete

Thanks so much I will do it!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  8. CLD9768

CLD9768 New Member

So does this work? If not I am going to rethink getting GTV.

9. Pailhead

Pailhead New Member

The Gamecenter "app" itself only gives you scores, highlights, and stats. Gamecenterlive can be accessed using the Chrome browser by going to gamecenterlive.nhl.com. I've been using it since about the 2nd week of the season. I will say I had quite a bit of issues initially (specifically Blackhawk games...the main reason I pay for the service), but that had nothing to do with Google TV and everything to do with the website itself. It appears the NHL has things in order now and I haven't had any issues lately.

10. jimichunga

jimichunga New Member

Yeaup, just google 'NHL Gamecenter Live' and click on the first link.

Link to login is at the top right.

I can confirm it works as I'm watching my Ducks take a beating from the Canucks.

btw - Why did the idiots behind this NHL app not include live game streaming? I thought we're trying to gain fans/viewers...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
  11. fizzlepop

fizzlepop New Member

Has anyone else been able to watch a full streaming game through Chrome on Google TV without crashing? I can get it to show for awhile, but I get the "shockwave" crash quite often. Just wondering if there were settings that I could tweak so that this would happen much less (hopefully not at all).

12. Pailhead

Pailhead New Member

I've made it through an entire game once or twice since the update. Last night was brutal. I had somewhere in the area of 10 crashes over the course of the Chicago-Columbus game. I would say one crash per period is considered a normal day at this point. It's very frustrating.